• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home kit 2023/24 - New Shirts Revealed

Subbuteo got the hue of the blue wrong, but that is the 76 to 78 kit, with the red white and blue, as Jasrod said.

I had that set, and took it round to my mates on the Friday before we played Derby away the second time in the cup, West Germany set stood in for Derby and l won 3-2.

If we went back to a similar colour blue, rather than the Navy blue, l for one would be happy.

i have no idea ricey will probably already know
Unfortunately Mark, on this occasion I am very much out of the loop. When TPC were shirt sponsors I could find out bits.

What I’d like to see is a light blue, some yellow in the home top. Yellow or White away kit and then a pink or flamboyant 3rd strip.

Thing is I remember having that as it was the first team I bought after I got my first subbuteo set and I was either 6 or 7 so it does fit with the timeline. It was definitely that one that I bought but sadly I think I rested my knee on Ron Poutney 😢
They're never the same after an injury like that. It's the subbuteo version of an ACL. 🤣

Long story short. I paid a fella to design our kits. I've winged for the last 20 years to the club about out kits. Especially, during the teamwear years.

They got the ump with me. OK, smart *** come in and help us. This was last season. Because, of going from the awesome hummel ( didn't moan that year ) teamwear Macron was like a disaster.

Last season was called in by the club 24 hours notice of being asked. So no time to prepare.

I suggest, let's rip off the 88 kits. That was the plan. The blue and yellow the look. However, Ron debunked this too much of a change. I get it.

When last seasons come out. I thought, well that's not what I asked. However, this when I found out we as a bespoke service we are quite limited in what we can do. Design wise etc. I.e different textures on kit. We can't have embroidered etc. Fine. If u have the 88 kit. Different textures etc. Which is nuts! we can't have considering we had this on most of our 90s kits.

I'm learning each season. I thought, this season I emailed the club and said look I'm willing to pay a professional who does this for a living to work alongside Macron to design the best possible kits.

The way it usually happens. Macron design 3 templates and the club pick one and work with them. Last seasons designs was a joke. I rem, one being a blue camouflage like the col u away!

This season - my guy designed a load of templates for the club and Macron to pick. They did - he worked alongside Macron. Some of the designs absolutely beautiful. Once again. Limited in what we can do.

Brand new fresh designs - homage to former kits throughout the years. Colour schemes all through out the years too. They had the whole thing that represented Southend from our humble beginnings.

No. I don't work for them. I'm just passionate about kits. I think it's important that we look the best representing the club. I've only briefly seen next seasons. I'm a fan.

In other words on my head be it. I've dropped enough hints of the colour scheme on each kit. The Macron app is a good idea of what we get to work with Macron.

Going forward - I won't be paying or doing this anymore. I got yellow bk in some form on the home kit. I can die a happy man. Yes, I know not yellow is everyone cup of tea. We did do colour schemes we had throughout the years. The club n Macron picked the final designs not me!!! Just wanted to make this crystal clear!

Lastly, I've asked my guy if I can share the templates. He said, hold fire untill the kits are out etc. When I do get the nod. I will share with you lot.
Fare play to you

Long story short. I paid a fella to design our kits. I've winged for the last 20 years to the club about out kits. Especially, during the teamwear years.

They got the ump with me. OK, smart *** come in and help us. This was last season. Because, of going from the awesome hummel ( didn't moan that year ) teamwear Macron was like a disaster.

Last season was called in by the club 24 hours notice of being asked. So no time to prepare.

I suggest, let's rip off the 88 kits. That was the plan. The blue and yellow the look. However, Ron debunked this too much of a change. I get it.

When last seasons come out. I thought, well that's not what I asked. However, this when I found out we as a bespoke service we are quite limited in what we can do. Design wise etc. I.e different textures on kit. We can't have embroidered etc. Fine. If u have the 88 kit. Different textures etc. Which is nuts! we can't have considering we had this on most of our 90s kits.

I'm learning each season. I thought, this season I emailed the club and said look I'm willing to pay a professional who does this for a living to work alongside Macron to design the best possible kits.

The way it usually happens. Macron design 3 templates and the club pick one and work with them. Last seasons designs was a joke. I rem, one being a blue camouflage like the col u away!

This season - my guy designed a load of templates for the club and Macron to pick. They did - he worked alongside Macron. Some of the designs absolutely beautiful. Once again. Limited in what we can do.

Brand new fresh designs - homage to former kits throughout the years. Colour schemes all through out the years too. They had the whole thing that represented Southend from our humble beginnings.

No. I don't work for them. I'm just passionate about kits. I think it's important that we look the best representing the club. I've only briefly seen next seasons. I'm a fan.

In other words on my head be it. I've dropped enough hints of the colour scheme on each kit. The Macron app is a good idea of what we get to work with Macron.

Going forward - I won't be paying or doing this anymore. I got yellow bk in some form on the home kit. I can die a happy man. Yes, I know not yellow is everyone cup of tea. We did do colour schemes we had throughout the years. The club n Macron picked the final designs not me!!! Just wanted to make this crystal clear!

Lastly, I've asked my guy if I can share the templates. He said, hold fire untill the kits are out etc. When I do get the nod. I will share with you lot.
Huge respect to you. We have certainly been a little lost in recent times with regards to quality of kit. Very much looking forward to seeing this years designs.

Personally I am in favour of kit colours that psychologically make the team look bigger and more imposing. The dark kits of late seem to do the opposite.

Personally I am in favour of kit colours that psychologically make the team look bigger and more imposing. The dark kits of late seem to do the opposite.
I can see an argument for the opposite approach. Sneaking around in an all dark navy strip during night time games gives us the element of surprise...especially at Roots Hall when only half the floodlights are working.

Probably too late for this year @GIBBO but can you please try and get the club to stop using slim fit designs. They are fine for the players but why would any designer think that someone buying a 2XL or larger would want it to be a slim fit.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back