• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

High Court hearing v Charterhouse 14/07/2010

But will we be able to get a team out??

We need to know when this embargo is being lifted, if its August 11th (or even the 2nd) then thats very tight.

I still maintain that if we could be GUARANTEED it was being lifted in August, then we are still ok - as Sturrock can continue to sign players on pre-contract agreements, they can all train, play friendlies and in effect have a full 'normal' pre-season, so as long as we do get the green light to turn them all into fully fledged players before Stockport, then I'm still ok with that.

As I have said above. Perhaps the £140,000 is just one of many payments that are due to them and we have already defaulted on the first?

Perhaps they are waiting to see where the club is financially on 2nd Aug and may call in the whole lot on Aug 11th, if they are concerned?

Or perhaps I am talking bollox.

wouldn't they rather get some money now than none later?

As I have said above. Perhaps the £140,000 is just one of many payments that are due to them and we have already defaulted on the first?

Perhaps they are waiting to see where the club is financially on 2nd Aug and may call in the whole lot on Aug 11th, if they are concerned?

It wouldn't be the first time..;)

Sounds plausible to me. In which case, I hope Sainsbury's bring their chequebook on the 2nd August :'(

I am waiting for another little explanation on the OS pretty soon, there must be a lot to this. It's just mind blowing, FFS, I just don't understand this anymore.

what concerns me is that the season will aready have started and already there is a huge cloud hanginig over us - the Football League will amost certainly demand assurances that we will be able to meet the fixtures and i don't see how th club in its' current state could provide those

i think it apparent that this debt has not been paid and i think we are looking at very worrying times ahead

RM apologists please explain what's going on?

I suspect the FL will look into us being able to fulfil our fixtures prior to the season starting.

I would imagine that PS and TW must be wondering about their future's?

There is two ways of looking at this, one positively and one negatively!

The first, is that Charterhouse have been told "look, we will pay you by Aug 2nd, we have x funds coming in, and your debt will be settled" etc

The second is that we are royally ******, and rather than wind us up, Chaterhouse are looking for the administration route so they get 10p in the £ or something.

I would say we need a club statement, but they're not worth anyone's time any more.

To be honest I aint got a scooby what is going on.

What I am sure of is if the SUFC/Sainsbury's legal team have not got a thorough and detailed business plan together for Aug 2nd. We will start the season with a massive points deduction and a squad resembling a park side.

The odd thing about all of this is that last week the clubs Financial Director told the high court that monies were already put aside to pay Charterhouse and clear this debt....How come then at the court today CH did not just say the debt is paid.

The odd thing about all of this is that last week the clubs Financial Director told the high court that monies were already put aside to pay Charterhouse and clear this debt....How come then at the court today CH did not just say the debt is paid.

Exactly my thoughts, 'the funds are in place,' where the quoted words from the official site.
Maybe they where, maybe they have done this so we can lift the embargo?
Why would they want to not have their money today?

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!

So the liability has not been discharged yet even though Ron said it would before todays hearing.

The bloke is a ****

Technically the case hasn't been heard yet.

Does that mean that the embargo now goes on until the 11th??

I don't think this case had anything to do with the embargo, but the embargo will presumably remain in place until our tax bill has been sorted.

There is two ways of looking at this, one positively and one negatively!

The first, is that Charterhouse have been told "look, we will pay you by Aug 2nd, we have x funds coming in, and your debt will be settled" etc

The second is that we are royally ******, and rather than wind us up, Chaterhouse are looking for the administration route so they get 10p in the £ or something.

I would say we need a club statement, but they're not worth anyone's time any more.

Being honest, my view is its 20/80% in favour of the second.

They must realise we are (probably) going into administration and knowing we cannot pay today, hoping for a Xp in the £ deal in a month.

Would they be the next biggest debt though?

1) Ron Martin
2) HMRC
3) Charterhouse??

Trying to remain hopeful though and that Sainsburys and Martin have got this all figured out.

Until then, its all worrying hearsay and conjecture...

The only reason I can think of for Charterhouse wanting the HMRC audit prior to their hearing is that if HMRC find any inherent failings of the accountancy system or the recording of transactions then maybe Charterhouse can use this information to push for immediate payment of the full debt.

I think we all know the answer to that.....

Back