• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

High Court hearing v Charterhouse 14/07/2010

He's right though. Without the ground the football club is assetless.

i am not disputing that he is right or wrong - to basically stick 2 fingers up at the HMRC and act as if he is immune and untouchable is tasteless and not something i would expect from the chairman of the football club i support

i am not disputing that he is right or wrong - to basically stick 2 fingers up at the HMRC and act as if he is immune and untouchable is tasteless and not something i would expect from the chairman of the football club i support

That isn't what he's doing. You're being way too touchy. He's making the arguement that Southend United has paid every penny that it's ever owed to HMRC and that the taxman's strategy of aggressively pushing for a liquidation is self-defeating because there's nothing to liquidate and no assets to realise.

It's a flawed arguement because it's only the constant threat of being wound-up which is keeping us honest however in his position it's completely the correct arguement to be making.

So, we may be under way, how very worried I feel, good lord!

Indeed. This is not what supporting our football club is about.

We all have enough things to worry about, without the stress of this lot.

We go to football for a release from day to day pressures. We just have not had that release, far from it, supporting our club over the last year or so.

We do not deserve it.

Indeed. This is not what supporting our football club is about.

We all have enough things to worry about, without the stress of this lot.

We go to football for a release from day to day pressures. We just have not had that release, far from it, supporting our club over the last year or so.

We do not deserve it.

The support the club gets, I'd say they dont deserve us at times!?

pb i have to say i haven't agreed with a lot you have posted lately, However mate that statement is spot on!!!

Yep, go along with that 100% too.
I think with all the various factions wanting their voice and opinions heard just now, we'd all be worth taking a step back and thinking about PB's words for a bit!!!

Ron will do everything he can to stop administration as that would effectively ruin him. It would also mean that the consortium could come in a take the club from under his nose. Cant see ron allowing that to happen.

What would the consortium actually get though ?

If the Football Club gets put into Admin then surely they get the Football Team, ie all 7 players.

The property development, the ground etc are not owned by Southend United so what would they achieve?

That isn't what he's doing. You're being way too touchy.

maybe i am, but there are 2 ways of interpreting what Ron has said and i make no apologies for the cynical side of me seeing it in the way i do given the way he has handled most of things related to our beloved club !!!

From the Echo web-site:

Southend United has been given more breathing space to sort out its financial woes.

At the High Court today (Wednesday) loan company Charterhouse Commercial Finance applied to adjourn its winding up petition against the blues until after an HMRC administration audit on August 2 Charterhouse say the blues owe them over £140,000.

This case will be heard on August 11.

Back