• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Henry Sandat ... GONE!

Looks like we may have no choice at this rate, could always get a few pop belly pub team Sunday league players in eh.
Absolutely, we have no choice. Maybe one or two of the youngsters will take the chance. We do need the embargo ended one way or another sooner rather than later though…….. Sell up now Ron :Scared:

Best of luck to young Henry. A really good opportunity for him, but he 100% wanted to stay with the Club, that’s a fact. He gave it as long as he could before going elsewhere.

As for compensation, I’m not sure how it works. I know a player, on a pro deal, under the age of 24 we would get compensation as long as we are able to offer £1 more than his current contract. However, Henry wasn’t on a professional deal, so we weren’t able to offer him anything.

So, we may get something for him, or we may not. I think @Exiled Shrimper is probably the best man to ask on this with his knowledge of youth football.

Henry Sandat …..was one of our own. Oh well fair play to him at least he’s gone to the Championship rather than another NL side like Boring Wood or Aldersh it

Best of luck to young Henry. A really good opportunity for him, but he 100% wanted to stay with the Club, that’s a fact. He gave it as long as he could before going elsewhere.

As for compensation, I’m not sure how it works. I know a player, on a pro deal, under the age of 24 we would get compensation as long as we are able to offer £1 more than his current contract. However, Henry wasn’t on a professional deal, so we weren’t able to offer him anything.

So, we may get something for him, or we may not. I think @Exiled Shrimper is probably the best man to ask on this with his knowledge of youth football.
There are two types of compensation; training compensation, which you have mentioned above, which rewards clubs for the time and money they have spent developing a player, up to the age of 24, but which is dependent on the club having offered a better deal than the previous contract they were on. The compensation fee is determined by tribunal. With Sandat, we were unable to offer him a professional contract, so this doesn’t apply.

The second type of compensation is in relation to youth development, and is contained within the Youth Development Rules. However, the requirement of a club to pay compensation to another expires when a ‘Former Football League Club’ ceases to operate an Academy within the EPPP regulations and, in any case, I believe only applies to players under the age of 16 before they are offered a scholarship. This is a rigid formula with the amount determined by the length of time a player is at an Academy and the Category of Academy operated.

So, in short, my understanding of the various rules is that we wouldn’t be entitled to compensation in this case. I would be happy to be wrong, though!

Edit: The Hull Daily Mail article is reporting City will be paying us compensation.

Last edited:
It's like 2019-2021 never happened.
We don’t even have the Academy structure that produced those youngsters now (the trade-off being that we’re not playing in the EFL any more, either, of course). A lot of the group you mentioned had enjoyed success against their peers and were thrown in too soon. There was still an U23 team to develop alongside (slightly) older and more established players. With a more staggered introduction to professional football, some may have developed better.

Contrast that with where we are now; only two of last-year’s second-years were re-engaged in Jacob Bland and Sandat, and a number of first-years departed last season when they weren’t able to get to training due to not having been paid on time. There is no U23s/B team and we’re not in the EFL
games programme. This year’s U19s will be a big rebuilding job in itself for the Academy staff, let alone getting those players ready for National League football.

So one of our best young talents leaves for NOTHING (we think), despite wanting to stay because we can’t actually offer him a contract.

JUST. ****. OFF. RON.

Good luck at Hull Henry.

Was hoping this would be a big season for him and was excited to see how it went for him. **** off Ron! Absolutely killing us here. How can one man’s ego ruin so much. Disgraceful. Henry wanted to stay too. So ****ing depressing supporting this club.

Running out of taxis! Need a few zoners to help me out with the fares! I'm gonna be skint like Ron soon! Sandat scored 1 dodgy goal and thinks he's bigger than us! Honest assessment, he runs around alot and falls over more then me after a good night out! Replaceable!!! Glad he's gone ! Not good enough! Now let's sign a striker who can stay on his feet.

Last edited:
Back