• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Hartlepool United v Southend United, Saturday 17th August, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 81 88.0%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Cav Miley

• Oli Coker

Votes: 72 78.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 75 81.5%
  • Josh Walker

Votes: 77 83.7%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Danny Waldron

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • James Morton

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Mikey Faulkner

• George Wind

• Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 29 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only selection issue is Gubbins being dropped or not to get bridge out wide again....I'd play wood behind the front two to try and get a semblance of attacking intent from the middle of the park but obviously that's not happening.
Come on you blues.

Getting the train from Saltburn shortly. Any suggestions on some good pubs/bars in Hartlepool?
Also, has anyone drank at the 1908 bar in the ground?
Thanks in advance.

We all seemed to gather at the Wetherspoons on the main drag, 5 min walk from station and 10 mins to the ground last season

For the first time I can remember, more in the poll think we're going to lose than win.
Realism over optimism? That means we're going to skate home, lol!
Enjoy the match if you can fellow Blues.
Hartlepool was the coldest ground I've attended watching football over 63 years.
A freezing February in 1996 and the press box higher than the lower stand opposite. The North Sea is 50m beyond. It was akin to being on the Titanic's prow with Kate and Lennie with none of the romance!
Local journo Damian Spellman used a pie as a hand warmer: I was ill for a week after!

For the first time I can remember, more in the poll think we're going to lose than win.
Realism over optimism? That means we're going to skate home, lol!
Enjoy the match if you can fellow Blues.
Hartlepool was the coldest ground I've attended watching football over 63 years.
A freezing February in 1996 and the press box higher than the lower stand opposite. The North Sea is 50m beyond. It was akin to being on the Titanic's prow with Kate and Lennie with none of the romance!
Local journo Damian Spellman used a pie as a hand warmer: I was ill for a week after!
Quite equal now. Team begins to pick itself too. Is that a bad thing?

17/08/2024​

BBC Essex Sport
Coverage of Colchester United v Milton Keynes Dons and Hartlepool United v Southend United. NOT online.
That's just referring to BBC Essex itself. The BBC host a separate feed for us that will be available here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back