• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Hartlepool United v Southend United, Saturday 17th August, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 81 88.0%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Cav Miley

• Oli Coker

Votes: 72 78.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 75 81.5%
  • Josh Walker

Votes: 77 83.7%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Danny Waldron

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • James Morton

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Mikey Faulkner

• George Wind

• Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 29 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But where will he play. No way is he a better LCB than Ralph? In a back three the RCB and LCB must be able to cover behind the wing backs. It particularly suits those can play CB and FB. Both Taylor and Ralph fit this and are exceptional at this level. To me Gubbins and Crowther are ideal cover for Kensdale? I think we have five good players but as in midfield not necessarily the right mix- but what do I know..
i doubt he's come in as cover, he'll be here to play

with 40+ games in the league above last season he won't have come here to sit on the bench. plus at 22 he could be a player for the next 15 years
So if he is not as good as Ralph at LCB what happens? Replace Kensdale? Or do we think he’s better than Ralph? I don’t at this point but it’s opinions..

with 40+ games in the league above last season he won't have come here to sit on the bench. plus at 22 he could be a player for the next 15 years
I don't disagree, but it's each game on it's merits, and I would have Ralph on the left side for the game with the Poolies ahead of Gubbins. Chances are we'll both get it wrong and Bridge will play at the back, Gubbins will partner Harry and Nathan will play in the No10 role.

Perhaps it could be:

Collin
GSM Kensdale Gubbins Ralph Bridge
Taylor Miley
Coker
Cardwell Walker

Taylor’s been brilliant in the back 3 but it might give us a bit more balance while we’re a little short in midfield options.

Perhaps it could be:

Collin
GSM Kensdale Gubbins Ralph Bridge
Taylor Miley
Coker
Cardwell Walker

Taylor’s been brilliant in the back 3 but it might give us a bit more balance while we’re a little short in midfield options.
Which is the reason not to change it I guess- just play everyone in their best positions - seems this is making three (2 certainly sub optimal) positional changes just to avoid playing Morton in a natural position- arguably we made similar mistake against York to get Gubbins on the pitch..

To me you either play Miley in the middle, Coker on the right and Morton left- or ask Wood to play the Wes role (which would suit him but not sure Kev will “risk” that away)- but at some point he’s got to be asked to step up….

All opinions of course- I would no doubt manage us into a relegation scrap!!!

Not only that but any attempt to access BBCEssex at any time (unless you have a VPN) is automatically blocked (which seems a tad excesive to me.I quite like listening to Glen Penny's Fri .show for example;Also the BBC Essex pre-and post match coverage will be missed) .Especially Paul Carke's comments.
Not sure about that.
Admittedly, it was 2.45pm last Saturday when it appeared, but there was a thread on the BBC Football page for National League commentaries.
Vic and Paul were there for the full 95 mins against York, but I was listening in the UK.

Not sure about that.
Admittedly, it was 2.45pm last Saturday when it appeared, but there was a thread on the BBC Football page for National League commentaries.
Vic and Paul were there for the full 95 mins against York, but I was listening in the UK.
I'm sure because we were in France last week and anytime I tried to get BBC Essex on the net I got an error message.Yogi won't obviously be able to pick up BBCEssex commentary without a VPN.Then will find when he tries ro set it to SOS (or elsewhere in the UK) that he won't be able to pick up DAZN's streaming service.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that the game will be available via iptv the same as last year. Fingers crossed as I'm working from home Saturday.

As for the team

Ndi

Gus Taylor kensdale Ralph Bridge

Wood miley morton

Walker cardwell

I'm sure because we were in France last week and anytime I tried to get BBC Essex on the net I got an error message.Yogi won't obviously be able to pick up BBCEssex commentary without a VPN.Then will find when he tries ro set it to SOS (or elsewhere in the UK) that he won't be able to pick up DAZN's streaming service.
Please note my last line...'but I was listening in the UK.' 😉

I don't disagree, but it's each game on it's merits, and I would have Ralph on the left side for the game with the Poolies ahead of Gubbins. Chances are we'll both get it wrong and Bridge will play at the back, Gubbins will partner Harry and Nathan will play in the No10 role.
only if Kevin Maher wakes up with a Guardiola genius complex

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
So if he is not as good as Ralph at LCB what happens? Replace Kensdale? Or do we think he’s better than Ralph? I don’t at this point but it’s opinions..
Kevin Maher obviously thinks so or he wouldn't have moved Ralph. but it could be about squad depth with some flexability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back