• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Cardwell

I've been away this weekend, so had some time to come to terms with this.....but it still hurts, more than any transfer in the past for some reason....he epitomizes the past 2 years, he's the reason my 5 year old son started following southend, and I just didnt see it coming....I wish him all the best, he deserves it....but my god its hurts to see him in green 😭

yep, Harry is going to enjoy the benefit of extra £ but its not all going one way.

After hearing multiple ex-player podcasts, I definitely wouldn’t want to work with/for Steve Cottrell.

It's like a village atmosphere up there, with small crowds and a unique/Marmite culture based on the owner's beliefs.

Yes, Harry will enjoy the pay cheque but there is more to life than that, there is a risk he wont play his best football there.
You mean Vegemite, surely..?

It might still come and I don’t think he’s on socials but a few words for Chris Phillips would’ve been nice. ‘Enjoyed my time but felt I had to go’ etc.
agreed - even Callum Powell posted something when he left.
It’s all been a bit strange, even KM didn’t say anything until last Thursday (nearly a week after Cards left)

Plus as far as I’m aware he (Cards) hasn’t done any ‘welcome to FGR’ type interview, video etc.

Marmite is vegan anyway so it doesn’t matter.
<off topic alert on>
Not if it comes from a 70g jar it isn't. Bonkers but true.

The production method used in that size of jar contains a small amount of vitamin D3 that comes from lanolin, which is derived from sheep's wool.

The 70g jar is, however, the only size jar that qualifies as Halal or kosher. Apparently.
<off topic alert off>

<off topic alert on>
Not if it comes from a 70g jar it isn't. Bonkers but true.

The production method used in that size of jar contains a small amount of vitamin D3 that comes from lanolin, which is derived from sheep's wool.

The 70g jar is, however, the only size jar that qualifies as Halal or kosher. Apparently.
<off topic alert off>
This is the content you don’t get from other websites

Back