• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Great Wakering Rovers v Southend United, Saturday 13th July, 15:00 k.o., pre-season friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update , 38 degrees, Lincoln won 1-0, PNE awful as was the match. Around 600-700 fans there. Lots of good will towards Southend from the fans we met and spoke with.
Have good memories of playing up at Preston Jon. Their fans were very welcoming in the pub before and after the game we won.

At least I can get to Shoeburyness by train and allegedly there a No 9, No 9, No 9….
Arriva numbers 7 or 8 from Southend Travel Centre, close to Southend Central, will take you to the Exhibition opposite the lane to Burroughs Park: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/search/... Station/toName/Great Wakering The Exhibition

Easiest way back to c2c is to get a 7 from the Exhibition at either 17:48 or 18:53 and hop off at Thorpe Bay or Southend Travel Centre for Southend Central: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/search/journey/type/2/time/2024-07-13T17:00:00+01:00/fromId/A=1@O=Great Wakering The Exhibition@X=797694@Y=51553307@U=70@L=130357@B=1@p=1720624826@/toId/A=4@O=Southend Central Railway Station@X=711218@Y=51536749@U=102@L=980001890@B=1@p=1625210623@/fromName/Great Wakering The Exhibition/toName/Southend Central Railway Station

People making out that there isnt street parking at Wakering. Of course there is. You might have to walk a couple of streets, 5 mins at most.

I'm walking if the weather is decent. Its about an hour from prittelwell. If there weather isn't so good just drive and park up somewhere.

don't we have a habit of unveiling a new signing before the first pre-season friendly? no? oh, just my wishful thinking

Shame to be missing this one today, first game is normally half the squad for one half, then swap for the 2nd. Assuming we're going to have a GK trialling as Collin is currently the only one on our books isn't he?

I also remember that pre-season of discovery with a young lad called Ryan Leonard, what a find he was!

don't we have a habit of unveiling a new signing before the first pre-season friendly? no? oh, just my wishful thinking

We have not lost any starting eleven players this summer. Signed 2 that have proven track records at this level and above. Extended our player of the seasons contract by two years. Work is under way at RH and about to complete with COSU.

Same old Southend, nothing ever changes......For those that revel in misery.

Shame to be missing this one today, first game is normally half the squad for one half, then swap for the 2nd. Assuming we're going to have a GK trialling as Collin is currently the only one on our books isn't he?

I also remember that pre-season of discovery with a young lad called Ryan Leonard, what a find he was!

And also, I seem to recall, Ben Coker originally played as a triallist in this fixture.

Didn't he crack one in from 25 yards or am I dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back