• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Full interview with Justin Rees 12th September

Genuine question, not looking for a row particularly and this is aimed at those clamouring for an update.
What did you learn from that interview that wasn't bleeding obvious without JR saying a word.
Plans are afoot for ground work....knew that.
We were unlucky with timings of injuries and departures....knew that.
Tring to make things better I.e west bar etc.....knew that.
Again just wondering how this interview appeased any concerns had by some.
It's not about what Justin has or hasn't informed us at this early juncture. It's about just being professional and as an owner, fronting it and fully engaging the entire fanbase, thanking them for their support and assuring us all that comms will be forthcoming and transparant. Unlike the previous regime.

It's a show of openness and that every fan can feel part of it, wanted and can have their voice heard (especially with the launch of FAB) Fans need to be engaged.

Going forward, I am sure we will learn more and more from the occasional update from Justin and or COSU. I hope they continue, as I feel they will be very welcomed by the fanbase, after being left in the dark for so so long.

The only thing that surprised me was that they hadn't already looked into what they were planning to do once the takeover was done. They had pretty much been running the club for all of last season in all but name so I would have thought plans for the fan park etc would have been set in motion once the takeover was complete.
I'm certain they did, but as well as progressive planning, there is also the normal day to day running that has to be priority, or games don't go ahead. For example, following the takeover, they had an extremely small window to get season ticket sales going and processed, ground sorted to be safe for the public (which of course the fans amazingly contributed to), sorting the squad out, negotiating a new sponsor, etc, etc. For the 1 minute we spend reading about these things on social media, there is hours, days, and weeks that have gone into working on each project. Absolutely certain they haven't stood still for one minute.

Last season they weren't really running the club. They were funding it to keep it alive until the takeover could be completed.

In respect of developing initiatives, a lot goes into planning for example the fan park. Although there are 10 (I think) COSU members, for most, SUFC isn't their sole or primary business, and they need to on many matters consult with eachother, which cannot be easy to orchestrate. When they do meet (likely via Teams most of the time), I am sure their agenda is huge, and ever increases day by day, certainly with any unplanned situations arising, and they've had a few!!

I know the fanzone was/is big on the agenda, but takes time to plan and get right. It'll be worth the wait!

For sure, I think they will be the first to admit communications could have been better on some matters, but they are working on improving that and Justin has been honest about this and the plans to improve communication channels. The advisory board is a big step towards this.

Things may not be to the perfection or timing we all want, but remember, running a football club is new to them also, so they need our patience, understanding and support. That said, we are so much better off now than we have been for a very long time. Communication channels are opening with the custodians, and we we are seeing improvements all the time. Many members here will agree, that it has not been said for at least two decades!

Genuine question, not looking for a row particularly and this is aimed at those clamouring for an update.
What did you learn from that interview that wasn't bleeding obvious without JR saying a word.

I am in agreement - I really don't understand the need that some have for "constant communication" & I don't understand the "clamour" for an update.

I think it was a perfect statement without saying anything too much. A sort of mushy appease.

Appease. Doesn't that mean to calm down or placate?

I'm all for the current owners to put their (full) efforts into getting on with the job in hand.

Each to their own of course. [shoulder shrug; face pull]

I Iearned what i needed to, things are in hand and moving forward, also its no coincidence that the fans advisory board thing came shortly after.

Communication is important both ways and we can keep them on their toes and have some input too.

Back