• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Full interview with Justin Rees 12th September

Great interview, actually got a chairman willing to come out and talk to us about our club. Breathe of fresh air well done Justin and on we go Shrimpers!

Fantastic, to have a genuine, authentic owner talking with clarity and honesty.

Feels like we have our club back more and more…..after 25 years of Ron and Jobson before that….COSU is a breath of fresh air.

For those moaning he doesn’t say much…patience. We are being run by proper professional business people with a genuine interest in the football club. It is all music to my ears!

Not that I am doubting his ability but the last 2 seasons he has been a flop at Cambridge and Gillingham. He did well at Charlton and Ipswich but his best scoring ratio was in the national league. He wasn't up to at QPR either, after that paid a reported 2 million.

He was also without a club, so a high likely hood that we had a much better bargaining position.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be prolific at this level and has obvious ability but he has failed at league 2 level in the last 2 years.

He wasn’t a flop at Gillingham.

He was signed by their previous manager to play in a higher league. The league below where that manager is doing a fine enough job at this time.

It was £2.25m QPR paid.

Just because his Wikipedia might not “excite” over the last couple of seasons doesn’t mean he didn’t do the job he was signed to to.

Bonne is a class act at this level. There are some “anomalies” which mean he’s ended up back here but he is so far above this league in terms of his base ability we should be excited about his potential.

Not many players in this division are multi million pound players.

Now just sit back enjoy the ride and allow Justin and COSU along with TL , JS, KM and co to go about there tasks. We now have a proper management force in charge, in time and it will take time this club will be thriving and we can all say and mean it "There is only one club in Essex ".

Genuine question, not looking for a row particularly and this is aimed at those clamouring for an update.
What did you learn from that interview that wasn't bleeding obvious without JR saying a word.
Plans are afoot for ground work....knew that.
We were unlucky with timings of injuries and departures....knew that.
Tring to make things better I.e west bar etc.....knew that.
Again just wondering how this interview appeased any concerns had by some.

Genuine question, not looking for a row particularly and this is aimed at those clamouring for an update.
What did you learn from that interview that wasn't bleeding obvious without JR saying a word.

I learned that he is willing to come out and speak to the wider fanbase and not just a couple of the more involved fans down the pub.

He also spent a little bit of time telling us that they are looking into ways to make the communication with the fanbase better, showing that he knows it hasn't been great but we're not going to be ignored.

Nothing new in the interview but it did break the 'radio silence' that COSU appeared to have had since the takeover. It gave assurances that further regular comms would be forthcoming.

I love the language used in his interview ( not Australian 🇦🇺 😉) I mean his consistent tone of referring to the club as belonging to the fans and the community! In stark contrast to Ron’s default position of the club was all about him and without him we were gone….

I admire the determination of Justin and COSU to take on the debts and organisational mess created by Ron, and deliver something for the fans. It must have been clear to all the consortium from the outset that there is not money to be made from SUFC or any club for that matter, but you can leave a legacy and improve the life of the fans and the community and that appears to be their aim.

Love it, up the Shrimpers 🦐

Agree he didn't say anything ground breaking but just comes across as the exact opposite from the bloke that ruined the club for 20 years. Whatever the results i now think we have a future eventually, just as Col Spu and Borient have bounced back!

I have not yet listened to the interview (just work commitments) but reading all the comments it does seem a positive step forward and sometimes a few words is all it takes
Well done guys

It certainly wont appease those that are claiming we are no better off than we were under Ron. Or those that think they should be updated about Kensdale before the club has made a final decision.

Still It's nice to hear there will be more valuable time dedicated to the soap and onion appreciation society.
In the meantime Kev and the boys can get on with playing games an us fans can actually have decent club to support.

Not looking for a row particularly, but are they concerns appeased by yourself, aswell, ?

I'm with you......look obviously its great to hear from COSU after years of radio silence and being treated like mugs by Ron, and if those clamouring for an update after 50 days just because we got a couple of injuries and a couple of results didn't go our way are now happy, then everything is rosy again right? But lets be honest, as brilliant a speaker as Justin is, and I've had the pleasure of a couple of chats with him in the pub before games, there really isn't that much to update us on at the moment. The big things that we care about, like the re-development of RH for example, will take a lot of time, and we'll be updated in due course. Until the "big" announcements come along, lets just enjoy the ride, get behind Kev and the boys and bask in the knowledge that we have a great set of custodians looking after our club.

I enjoyed that interview from Justin, it was timely and perfectly well pitched and offered a good update

I learned that COSU had a strong costing for what they thought season ticket and sales would bring in but that was clearly EXCEEDED, for which COSU were delighted and offering a big thankyou to the fanbase, I was reminded also of the better strong support from local community businesses contributing to early improvements
It was reassuring to learn that we will get an annual update at a minimum on the financials , and the impression given this will be in more detail than previously and important given we are losing £2 million annually.
I learned that the Fans engagement STRATEGY was being worked on currently and aimed to make significant changes to the way comms are conducted in the future with much more 2 way dialogue and that a Fans ADVISORY BOARD will be set up, and hopefully lots of other ways for 2 way communications
LARGER STADIUM development plans are not underway specifically yet, lots of early changes being made though and will continue at a pace
I learned Justin and Kev do feel the squad is still a bit light but we still have multiple options on the board but as we have seen will keep any moves close to the chest. Justin didnt like the word be patient but we move forward together sensibly

An excellent update

The only thing that surprised me was that they hadn't already looked into what they were planning to do once the takeover was done. They had pretty much been running the club for all of last season in all but name so I would have thought plans for the fan park etc would have been set in motion once the takeover was complete.

Back