• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
This is exactly what we have just finished at Pompey - both the North lower and the Milton End (away end) were re-profiled with in-situ concrete pours. New seats fitted to the North and safe-standing fitted to the Milton End. Both now back up to 100% capacity on the safety certificate.

This is what I have suggested previously for both the West and the North Bank,
Really like the look of this for the North Bank if extended over the access road.
The one thing that is also essential is the accoustic effect of any roof.
The current South Bank roof with the large steel beam at its front kills any noise coming out and really let's down the atmosphere when the crowd is really up for it(ideal for the away support though)
Sherif ...Do any clubs take this issue into their design brief???

I was going to re-name Sherif Stanley Victor Collymore for a small minute, but glad to see he has lightened up a bit now people are being nice to him 😉

• Haha
Reactions: JCB
I was going to re-name Sherif Stanley Victor Collymore for a small minute, but glad to see he has lightened up a bit now people are being nice to him 😉

🎣🎣🎣

He is in a unique position to offer proper perspective from a professional level.

We are a skint national League side playing a crumbling relic.

Any opportunity to discuss changing that is a good conversation.

What other element of it makes it 'non-league' then? I appreciate all feedback...

For me it looks basic / semi-temporary due to the sheet metal. Even something like B R F C in the middle of the seats would make it look better / feel more permanent and give it a more "homely" feel. Has CCTV been installed into the new stand!? I didn't mean to cause offence ✌️

🎣🎣🎣

He is in a unique position to offer proper perspective from a professional level.

We are a skint national League side playing a crumbling relic.

Any opportunity to discuss changing that is a good conversation.

Don't worry he has kicked me enough in life so I'm just getting my own back 🙂

For me it looks basic / semi-temporary due to the sheet metal. Even something like B R F C in the middle of the seats would make it look better / feel more permanent and give it a more "homely" feel. Has CCTV been installed into the new stand!? I didn't mean to cause offence ✌️
Most Clubs are veering away from the old fashioned letters in seats. Most new builds will either incorporate a sponsor logo or the rather polarising pixelized pattern to make it look like an empty stadium is half full - mainly for broadcast purposes.

The sheet metal to which you refer is called single skin trapezoidal cladding, as is the backbone of external cladding to 99% of grandstands and industrial buildings. You are potentially being swayed by the fact you can see the inner face of it in areas - this is absolutely the case in most stadia - the difference at Roots Hall is that you can only see asbestos above the steel joists...

You have to appreciate that this is a straight-up seating structure with bare bones facilities in the undercroft. It is built to a price, and most clients at this level will have to cut their cloth accordingly.

Most Clubs are veering away from the old fashioned letters in seats. Most new builds will either incorporate a sponsor logo or the rather polarising pixelized pattern to make it look like an empty stadium is half full - mainly for broadcast purposes.

The sheet metal to which you refer is called single skin trapezoidal cladding, as is the backbone of external cladding to 99% of grandstands and industrial buildings. You are potentially being swayed by the fact you can see the inner face of it in areas - this is absolutely the case in most stadia - the difference at Roots Hall is that you can only see asbestos above the steel joists...

You have to appreciate that this is a straight-up seating structure with bare bones facilities in the undercroft. It is built to a price, and most clients at this level will have to cut their cloth accordingly.
Hi @Sherif H

Thanks for your updates, so refreshing to have someone who actually knows what they’re talking about on here!

Are you able to elaborate on what facilities they have in the undercroft of this stand please?

Hi @Sherif H

Thanks for your updates, so refreshing to have someone who actually knows what they’re talking about on here!

Are you able to elaborate on what facilities they have in the undercroft of this stand please?
We created a tunnel which is just about wide enough to accommodate toilet units beneath the rakers.

No. They will remain outside in the SW corner - you need a massive footprint to accommodate both in the numbers required.
Something has to suffer when you are trying to balance capacity, time, cost and functionality in a relatively small space.
I think it’s a great achievement to get that capacity in such a small footprint, I understand you got planning permission in record time too (and that you were a bit naughty in starting to build it before you got the permission!). Amazing work to get it all done so quickly though.

Back