• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Polanski, one of the sickest people on the planet. After all those celebrities and intellectuals saying he didn't have sex with a young girl, and stuck up for him about the allegation of raping or having sex with a 13 year old girl. He escapes extradition back to the USA to face his punishment, and finally admits he had sex with her when she was 13(As obviously that's not as bad as raping her). Now grown up, she insists it was rape. More women have come forward to say he raped them when they were a child. But she was paid off, and wants him to face no more punishment. But he's meant to appear for a civil trial in L.A. in 2025, for another of his alleged victims. He won't set foot in the USA though of course. Sharon Tate, who was married to Polanski, before she was brutally murdered by Charles Manson's followers, told her friend that she loved Polanski so much and wanted to keep him happy, so when he plied her with drink and drugs she agreed to the threesomes with other young women, until the day he brought home a 12 year old virgin girl to be in the threesome, that he had got drunk. She drew the line at that thankfully. She said he was sexually sick, but she still loved him. Allegedly, in my own opinion.
So for me, I can't watch any of his films.

Last edited:
Polanski, one of the sickest people on the planet. After all those celebrities and intellectuals saying he didn't have sex with a young girl, and stuck up for him about the allegation of raping or having sex with a 13 year old girl. He escapes extradition back to the USA to face his punishment, and finally admits he had sex with her when she was 13(As obviously that's not as bad as raping her). Now grown up, she insists it was rape. More women have come forward to say he raped them when they were a child. But she was paid off, and wants him to face no more punishment. But he's meant to appear for a civil trial in L.A. in 2025, for another of his alleged victims. He won't set foot in the USA though of course. Sharon Tate, who was married to Polanski, before she was brutally murdered by Charles Manson's followers, told her friend that she loved Polanski so much and wanted to keep him happy, so when he plied her with drink and drugs she agreed to the threesomes with other young women, until the day he brought home a 12 year old virgin girl to be in the threesome, that he had got drunk. She drew the line at that thankfully. She said he was sexually sick, but she still loved him. Allegedly, in my own opinion.
So for me, I can't watch any of his films.
Think you're mixing up his personal life and his artistic carrer,FWIW,I'm truly sorry about what happened to Sharon Tate.I'll let you (and anyone else who wants to know) what I think about The Palace,when I've seen it on Wed,

Think you're mixing up his personal life and his artistic carrer,FWIW,I'm truly sorry about what happened to Sharon Tate.I'll let you (and anyone else who wants to know) what I think about The Palace,when I've seen it on Wed,
We see things from different ends of the spectrum. I judge famous people by how they have behaved in their personal life and what they're into. If it's not too bad, then fine, nobody's perfect, then I can enjoy their work. But when it comes to rape, Paedophilia, abusing women or kids, then I just can't forgive them no matter how great an artist, poet. actor, singer, film director, DJ. You have always stuck up for these sicko's on here, every time I have mentioned their crimes, because their talent and work is more important to you than the crimes they have committed.

We see things from different ends of the spectrum. I judge famous people by how they have behaved in their personal life and what they're into. If it's not too bad, then fine, nobody's perfect, then I can enjoy their work. But when it comes to rape, Paedophilia, abusing women or kids, then I just can't forgive them no matter how great an artist, poet. actor, singer, film director, DJ. You have always stuck up for these sicko's on here, every time I have mentioned their crimes, because their talent and work is more important to you than the crimes they have committed.
I would remind you this is supposed to be a thread about fims you've seen,.I innocently forgot that Roman Polanski,a great fim maker in his time,was someting of a taboo subject in the UK & US.Fortunately he's not here (or in France where he lives).If you don't have anything to say about his films then frankly I'm not interested in your predictable knee -jerk reactions to his private life.PLease don't post on this rhread unless you have someting to say about Roman Polanksi's films.Otherwise you can pm me or alternatively I'll put you on ignore.Thanks.

Last edited:
I would remind you this is supposed to be a thread about fims you've seen,.I innocently forgot that Roman Polanski,a great fim maker in his time,was someting of a taboo subject in the UK & US.Fortunately he's not here (or in France where he lives).If you don't have anything to say about his films then frankly I'm not interested in your predictable knee -jerk reactions to his private life.PLease don't post on this rhread unless you have someting to say about Roman Polanksi's films.Otherwise you can pm me or alternatively I'll put you on ignore.Thanks.
100% right. Polanski is obviously a distinguished director responsible for many memorable films in different genres, Chinatown, Rosemary's Baby, Tess etc without which cinema history would be all the poorer. His private life has no bearing on this whatsoever and to try to conflate the two is of course characteristic of the tabloid press which never loses its appetite for muck raking, even over events of more than half a century ago. If a film is not up to much it should be judged on its own merits not on the alleged misdemeanours of its director which is surely blindingly obvious.

Tangled, you can't go around leaving wind up comments on all sorts of threads, stirring things up with your strange way of seeing things, and then complain when someone doesn't want to speak about films that you are going to see, but wants to talk about the paedo rapist film maker instead. You're one of the top 3 controversial posters on Shrimperzone. You've had more bust ups than an old boxer. You know me by now, if you or anyone else mentions a child molester or child rapist in any way, especially praising them, I'm going to call the sicko out. Each time I've done it, you have defended the sicko, or said, yeah, but he does great work. They get a pass in your book if they are a genius. There's no empathy shown for the child victims. You know I play the post. We have had many fallings out. In fact I've fallen out and disagreed with you on here more than anyone else. But I have still given you a like almost every time you do a good post. Because I don't dislike you at all. We just have different views on things.

We saw Roman Polanski's The Palace earlier.TBH it was a much better fim than I expected.Just shows the critics can be wrong sometimes! OK it's no Dance of The Vampires but it was still quite funny -epecially for a 90 year old directorand much better than Woody Allen's last film!

Last edited:
The Rio Cinema (Dalston)
Lock up your daughters (well you can lock up anybody)

A TRIBUTE TO
ROGER CORMAN (18)
FRI 17 MAY, 20.00
“King of the B’s”, Roger Corman was a producer and director who churned out low-budget genre films with breakneck speed and provided a platform to young talents like Jack Nicholson, Ron Howard, Peter Bogdanovich, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Jonathan Demme, Gale Anne Hurd and James Cameron, and left an indelible mark on the history of cinema.
Roger passed away last week at the age of 98. We're celebrating the man with the kaleidoscopic eyes this Friday 17th, in the pop-up Ludski Bar screen, with a specially complied compilation of short docs, trailers, clips and featurette's. The bar will stay open through out the show, and the evening will be broken up into chunks of thrills, shocks, terror and cheep fun. Just how Roger would have liked it. Rest in Peace, Roger! [1926 - 2024]

Today Ms Baldy and I saw this docu. I would give it 3/5.
Sadly some of the films look quite dated (some may argue about that!)

1716140871410.png

Another vote for the Amy Winehouse bio-pic Back to Blue which we saw last night in some nameless (in case Baldy reads this:Winking:) very American style shopping mall in Brasilia.It's obviously a commercial rather than an art- house film but none the worse for that IMO.All 3 of us enjoyed it especially me as I'm a fan,

Another vote for the Amy Winehouse bio-pic Back to Blue which we saw last night in some nameless (in case Baldy reads this:Winking:) very American style shopping mall in Brasilia.It's obviously a commercial rather than an art- house film but none the worse for that IMO.All 3 of us enjoyed it especially me as I'm a fan,
Yikes I could never see one of those lol.

Back