• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

IIRC Up the Junction was originally made as a TV film but somehow got a cinema release.It's plot ,as I suggested ,is pretty similar to Nell Dunn's original novel.
The Ken Loach version in 1965 appeared in the BBC Wednesday play series and caused a lot of controversy over the back street abortion issue. The film version made in 1968 is very different from the documentsry style of its predecessor. Incidentally, I have a box set of Loach's BBC output, which includes UTJ, Cathy and Days of Hope among others and is well worth acquiring. .

The Ken Loach version in 1965 appeared in the BBC Wednesday play series and caused a lot of controversy over the back street abortion issue. The film version made in 1968 is very different from the documentsry style of its predecessor. Incidentally, I have a box set of Loach's BBC output, which includes UTJ, Cathy and Days of Hope among others and is well worth acquiring. .
I have a similar box set of Ken Loach's BBC stuff. (plus another one of his cinema films).:Winking:

When you look at the British films of the 60's (some of the British New Wave-some not) the dance scenes (+ the 5th rate music-Lord knows where they found it!) looks so very dated.

On a totally different front................https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=Wholly+Communion&&mid=D1AB142B1A6257A0B521D1AB142B1A6257A0B521&&FORM=VRDGAR

Ms Baldy and I went to the cinema yesterday and we saw this super B and W arthouse film (a new release). "There's Still Tomorrow"

1714458369578.png

Just when you thought this thread had died Ms Baldy and I went to the cinema!
"Blackbird, Blackbird, Blueberry" is a film made in Georgia (formerly part of Russia).

We gritted our teeth and suffered this film until the end!!

1714967408601.png

We're off to see Polanksk's The Palace on Wed.Only got 1 star in the Grauniad but what do they know?See our very own John Cleese is in it too!
I hope that you enjoy it I have seen Pol's "Knife In The Water" and the brilliant "Oliver Twist" and the fabulous "Repulsion"

I hope that you enjoy it I have seen Pol's "Knife In The Water" and the brilliant "Oliver Twist" and the fabulous "Repulsion

Loved all the fiilms of his I've seen ,including the ones you mention.Suspect this one might be a bit "iffy" though.Notice the 7 months old review was from the Venice Festival ,so imagine it didn't get a general release in the UK.Shame,.

Back