• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Draw - Eastleigh (a) 12th Oct.

Anyone that is rubbish at home please with the West stand the only one used and a decent burger bar on the concourse at the back of the stand.

What do we count as successful Cup run..............................getting through to the Second Round Proper???? With our squad, progress, as in the League, will depend a lot on players returning from injury and avoidance of suspensions

What do we count as successful Cup run..............................getting through to the Second Round Proper???? With our squad, progress, as in the League, will depend a lot on players returning from injury and avoidance of suspensions
I’d like to go somewhere like Charlton or similar nice ground in 1st rd proper if we get there to remind me of the better times.

What I always find somewhat strange/interesting is the north/south divide for the FA Cup draws. For example Royston and Biggleswade are in the north section. By contrast there are some prospective long distance trips to the south west for Blues in the south section whereas Royston or Biggleswade would be considered relatively local trips were they to come to pass. Of course, it is all to do with balancing up the two sections. But it does lead to some odd looking outcomes.

What I always find somewhat strange/interesting is the north/south divide for the FA Cup draws. For example Royston and Biggleswade are in the north section. By contrast there are some prospective long distance trips to the south west for Blues in the south section whereas Royston or Biggleswade would be considered relatively local trips were they to come to pass. Of course, it is all to do with balancing up the two sections. But it does lead to some odd looking outcomes.

Unlike the NLN and NLS there is no requirement to balance the two sections (in fact there are four more clubs in the Southern section). However it's split, the same number of teams go through to the non-regionalised First Round Proper.

But you are, of course, right in respect of anomolies. Gorleston, the most northerly of the teams in the southern draw is way more northern than Royston, in fact, with their ground in Great Yarmouth ( a misnomer if I've ever heard one) they are slightly more north than Birmingham.

The worrying things is, that at this stage of the competition, I would normally be concerned at meeting two or three sides, especially away from home. This season, that number is climbing towards a dozen!😧

So with 15 mins to go before the draw commences do with want a home draw with part of the ground likely to be closed or an local away draw where we can take a decent number.

Back