• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Draw - Eastleigh (a) 12th Oct.

Would that be the same plastic pitch we have a 100% record on ?
I didn't check our record, but I recall a few matches where we didn't get to grips with the bounce on the artificial surfaces and suffered as a consequence. I expect someone will now tell me I am wrong about that too though.

Went downstairs to work and try to identify some positives about that draw. OK, I didn't find too many but did consider the 'boot on the other foot' kind of thing. So, although it's not much consolation, Eastleigh, apart from the fact they're at home, will not exactly be over the moon about the draw. Up against a team which has beaten them recently and managed to nullify the threat of McCallum. They, like us, would have prefered Weymouth or someone similar at home. It is what it is and as I mentioned earlier it depends how many of the walking wounded we can get back in contention. The same team who have beaten them already should give us a chance to get something from the game? That means getting Taylor back and avoiding other injuries or suspensions.

6 miles from me so will be going with my son. Hopefully they will reduce the prices to maximise attendance, also it`s during the International break, so quite a few Southampton fans will go.

Was thinking we would get Barnet away considering it to be the worst possible tie.
But, lo, I forgot...Barnet is within easy reach of most Shrimpers so's we could take another 1,000 plus.
FGR would have been a new ground for me, even if equally tough.
But no, we get a team with a great home record just itching for revenge and nowhere near anywhere, unless Southampton is somewhere.
Bill Bryson wrote in one of his best sellers, forgotten which, how boring and dull Eastleigh is, probably the only time anyone has written about the place.
Have felt the world is against us for the last five years, and this just confirms it.

Great draw,already beaten them this season and was one of the better performances.Once again i'm not sure why supporters on here think it's a bad draw other then it's away from home? We are southend united we played in the football league for over a 100 years and played in the championship!! We get over 8000 supporters for home games and have a decent ground.Dont u think pub side eastleigh with no supporters should be worrying about us? I'm sorry but we should be smashing all these pub teams and I don't fear them one bit,our away support will make it like a home game.

Back