• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

We do seem to get terrible draws in the fa cup.

Tbf apart from the Chelsea tie for which we joined the fa cup later because of being in the championship. I can't really remember any decent draws in the fa cup in the last 30 years.
Lately this is true.

2nd worst team we could have drawn this year

it's bound to be Mansfield away. The last time, in 1969,
That was the one & only time i've ever been there!. Maybe wrong, but i seem to recall when we were 2-1 down & near the end of the game, Gary Moore's shot or header hit the crossbar?.
And for them to get West Ham at home in the 5th rd really rubbed salt in the wound?. With the crowds we used to get back then, had we played West Ham at home, imo the crowd would have nudged 30,000.

That was the one & only time i've ever been there!. Maybe wrong, but i seem to recall when we were 2-1 down & near the end of the game, Gary Moore's shot or header hit the crossbar?.
And for them to get West Ham at home in the 5th rd really rubbed salt in the wound?. With the crowds we used to get back then, had we played West Ham at home, imo the crowd would have nudged 30,000.
My brother would always talk about that game. I think the main incident was a shot by us (Moore I think) that was over the line but not given. As a result and illogically I’ve disliked Mansfield to this day!

As we always tend to get a crappy draw and also history has a habit of repeating it self, it's bound to be Mansfield away. The last time, in 1969, was after we had scored 19 goals in the first two rounds against King's Lynn and Brentwood respectively. Hoping for a big club in the Third Round we got the impossible draw away to nearly invincible Swindon Town which, against all odds, we won 0-2. Our reward for all that was a bloody away tie to Mansfield, which we lost 2-1. At least, I rememeber that the beer was good at that time!
Aaah, Mansfield.

I remember us getting drawn away at Arsenal in FACR3 in 1970. Scored early, withstood an onslaught, but they got a late equaliser from John Radford.

Home replay, went 2-0 down, and then in the second half gave one of our best ever performances to win 3-2. Genuine, back page of the paper headline stuff.

Round 4 saw us at home to fourth Division Mansfield. And we lost 0-2.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back