• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2024

The rules of Cricket need to be changed , you score 800 runs and still draw a game and a bit of rain kills us,

Frustrating to only get a draw out of a game Essex dominated. It wasn't just the weather though. Sam Cook would likely have made a difference had he ben fit but maybe Westley could have rung the bowling changes a bit more to unsettle the Kent batting. Perhaps he could have given himself a couple of overs and used Snater and Beard more. Runs conceded were irrelevant as Kent were clearly never going to get anywhere near the total. Over reliance on Harmer who only took two wickets in the match was another facror.

Once the ball was worn, you got the impression that they could have gone on for a while without losing another wicket ( rather like the feeling you have that Southend could go on for the rest of the day without scoring!). The only consolation for us was that Surrey didn't succeed in their audacious run chase against Somerset.

tough game this weekend. I expect they'll bring Browne back at 3, but I'd go Robin Das. Give the kids a go. and I'd have played that lad who kept as a sub rather than getting Duke in on loan. what's the point in academy, 2nd team etc. if you don't play them. although our batting would be very inexperienced, I say embrace it

Durham compiled 358 and we had to see out a nervy 2 overs with Cook opening alongside Elgar and we close 5-0. Their 4th wicket partnership was a bit of a killer, going to need to bat well. Let’s see if we can get away from this without a lose, this first X1 isn’t great on paper. No Westley, no Walter, first 2 WKS out and we aren’t really in Harmer season yet. Snater has really started the season well thank god as did feel like we were a seamer bowler short.

Slow going in the last session yesterday. Would have thought with the weather forecast so bad today and the covers on now they would have tried to get on with it a bit more. Looks very doubtful there will be much play today, if any, so the game will likely peter out as a draw.

first time in a long time I can remember us starting the season well, and batting well. without the weather we'd have certainly won 3 of 4, maybe all 4.
Cricinfo gives wickets, runs, and averages over the last year. Porter top wickets, Cook just has a better average (by 1). But in the last year Harmer has taken his wickets above 31. Not bad, but not the amazing record we're used to. if he comes good again we're in serious business.
Well done to Nick Browne, he gets a lot of **** on the facebook page and has rammed those words down people's throats so fair play to him

Back