• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be correct in saying that so far Kent have gained only 1 point in this match, and assuming they now go on to lose, that is all they'll get?

Amazingly (so far) only 2 Kent batsmen have scored more than 3 in the 2nd innings, making extras the third highest scorer.

Would I be correct in saying that so far Kent have gained only 1 point in this match, and assuming they now go on to lose, that is all they'll get?

Amazingly (so far) only 2 Kent batsmen have scored more than 3 in the 2nd innings, making extras the third highest scorer.

I make it 4points

Yes, 4 points so far, K**t now 136/7.

Assuming K**t lose, then by my maths, we need 6 points from 2 games to guarantee the title.

If your maths is right we should get that in bowling bonus points unless a game or two is rained off, when we'd get that for the draw.

We'd then just need to ensure that we have a decent playing surface, not like Somerset, and that we pick a spinner so we don't get points deducted for slow over-rate.

Chopra in on loan for remaining two games! Really impressed with all the contract renewals and so on so far

Agreed.

Excellent move to get him in now, let him readjust and get to know everyone new. Getting to bat with Browne and use to his calling will let them both hit the ground running next year.

Will be interesting to see where Wheater fits in for the rest of the season though.

K*nt all out. Northants need just 31.

Agreed.

Excellent move to get him in now, let him readjust and get to know everyone new. Getting to bat with Browne and use to his calling will let them both hit the ground running next year.

Will be interesting to see where Wheater fits in for the rest of the season though.

K*nt all out. Northants need just 31.

Was just thinking who does Wheater come in for? We wont drop Westley, Bopara or Tendo so do you bring him in for Dan Lawrence personally i would say that would be very harsh. Maybe has to sit the next one out and then get a game against Kent once the title is sealed?

Was just thinking who does Wheater come in for? We wont drop Westley, Bopara or Tendo so do you bring him in for Dan Lawrence personally i would say that would be very harsh. Maybe has to sit the next one out and then get a game against Kent once the title is sealed?

I'd be pretty annoyed if it was Dan Lawrence who made way.

I also wonder if it means that RtD or Bops is going to the IPL next year.

I hope they dont go to the IPL next year its been massive for us to have both of them all season long, lets not make the same mistakes we have in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back