• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than we could ever have dreamt for 223 -1 (Duckett 121) Now bright sunshine and perfect batting conditions...................let's see Kent win it from here! :smile:

Tom Moore to be released at end of season no real surprise there never really made the grade. Best of luck elsewhere Tom

That threw me. Was thinking he was at Notts after his loan spell at Lancs, but that's Tom Moores the keeper/batsman. I'd completely forgotten about Tom Moore the Essex bowler, which says it all.

More importantly Porter and Lawrence are signed up. Porter until end of 2019; Lawrence 2018.

At Beckenham I asked for a Duckett double-hundred and a Stev*ns pair. More than half way there now:happy:

Not worried if they get maximum bowling points, I would give it to them as long as they don't get the win.
Kent have dug their way out of similar situations this year and that's my concern
Will Northants declare to give Kent time to give them a score to chase on final day ??

Not worried if they get maximum bowling points, I would give it to them as long as they don't get the win.
Kent have dug their way out of similar situations this year and that's my concern
Will Northants declare to give Kent time to give them a score to chase on final day ??
Only day 2, and with a good weather forecast, there should be no reason for Northants to declare.

Duckett has gone for 208. He looks to have a great future.

130 lead - 5 wickets remaining. Kent clinging on and will give themselves an outside chance if they can mop up the tail. Come on Northants!

Sadly, as is the way with cricket, the Northants innings is disintegrating fast. Looks like a lead of about 150, which while good, is no where near as commanding as I had hoped for. A good second innings batting performance by Kent (looks like fine batting conditions tomorrow) and they could put pressure on Northants in the final couple of sessions on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back