• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

While im not suggesting we are now world beaters....is it beyond the realms of possibility that this young team could develop over the next two years and be competitive at the euros.....just a thought

I think it's still a very ordinary XI, but well done to Woy for getting such a good result.

Welbeck.jpg
I think we may do surprisingly well on Monday. The Swiss are going to have to come at us and with a bit of luck will leave a few Gruyere-like holes for our mobile SAS lads to exploit and then roll them over.
Always the height of arrogance to quote yourself but delighted to be proved right as soon as the Swiss started to come forward! Thought we'd miss Sturridge tonight, but maybe that ESB chap could be right about Welbeck!

While im not suggesting we are now world beaters....is it beyond the realms of possibility that this young team could develop over the next two years and be competitive at the euros.....just a thought

We'd be in a good position because even our most experienced key players (Hart, Cahill, Rooney) won't be over 31. You'd then expect that Sturridge and Welbeck will have continued to improve, Sterling and Oxlade Chamberlain will hopefully have hit the form they could potentially achieve. Our attack is genuinely exciting and should be in a strong position in 2 years time.

In defence we don't have much coming through at right back or left back which is a concern. Baines doesn't quite do it for me at the moment but if Roy commits to giving him 2 years then maybe he'll gel. Johnson has to be removed at the earliest opportunity. Gibbs could be a decent player but is just injured too much. Nothing of genuine note coming through the under 21s.

Jones should cement his partnership with Cahill and people forget he's only 22. Chambers and Stones are getting regular football at a young age so are good backup.

You'd also expect Jordan Henderson to improve (only 24 and playing regularly). I'd like to hope that Chabolah breaks through in 2 years time because he's legitimately exciting as a prospect. Delph also showed tonight that he could stick in and around the squad.

On the full back options pubey....shaw at LB clyne at RB
Flanagan....chuck barkely and walcott into the mix and things could get interesting.

Yep all good shouts. After tonight's win Roy now has the opportunity to blood (hate that phrase!) some of the youngsters and give them some chances.

Yep all good shouts. After tonight's win Roy now has the opportunity to blood (hate that phrase!) some of the youngsters and give them some chances.

Whats ya view on sturridge....im not sure he is the team player we require yet.....and seems to miss plenty of chances for england, great club form though.

Whats ya view on sturridge....im not sure he is the team player we require yet.....and seems to miss plenty of chances for england, great club form though.

Yeah I think he's quality for Liverpool and a great finisher, however I don't see how you can change the front 3 of Sterling, Rooney and Welbeck at this moment in time. Next match in a month, so I guess it also depends on club form.

We have an uninspiring manager who only selects from the biggest clubs,True the PL has been overwhelmed by imports but we have not won nothing for 48 year's.

We need a bloke in charge who can inspire the player's make them feel ten feet tall fill them with pride wearing the 3 lions and Roy ain't that man.

Assuming by biggest clubs you mean top five (Liv, City, United, Chelsea & Arsenal)?

Roy has given game time to;

Everton - 5
Baines, Jagielka, Barkley, Osman & Stones

Southampton - 4
Lallana, Lambert, Shaw & Rodriguez

Tottenham - 8
Defoe, Walker, Parker, Townsend, Lennon, Huddlestone & selected Dawson & Rose

West Ham - 2
Green & Carroll

WBA - 1
Foster

Celtic - 1
Forster

Palace - 1
Zaha

Norwich - 2
Bertrand & Ruddy

Cardiff - 1
Caulker

Villa - 1
Delph

Reading - 1
Mccarthy (call up only)

Newcastle - 1
Taylor (call up only)

So yeah, Hodgson has only given game time to 26 players outside the top five clubs, and only selected 28 players from outside the elite. Shame on him and his big team bias. Also, just a thought, any reason why big teams are more succesful and get this big team label? You don't think it could be because they have the better, high performing players that warrant international recognition do you?

The last manager to use your tactic of dropping established names (Beckham and Owen) and bring in less established players that looked good at littler clubs (Parker, Jenas, Carson etc) was Steve McClaren. How well did that work out?

Incidentally, I was in Basel last night and those fans that watch the game, and follow the side were in full vocal support of both Hodgson and Rooney; bizarre that they have this differing opinion to those who don't even watch the game on tele, yet still try and force their Roy out / drop Rooney opinion on all and sundry.

Assuming by biggest clubs you mean top five (Liv, City, United, Chelsea & Arsenal)?

Everton - 5

Southampton - 4

Tottenham - 8

West Ham - 2
Green & Carroll

WBA - 1
Foster

Celtic - 1
Forster

Palace - 1
Zaha

Norwich - 2
Bertrand & Ruddy

Cardiff - 1
Caulker

Villa - 1
Delph

Reading - 1
Mccarthy (call up only)

Newcastle - 1
Taylor (call up only)

So yeah, Hodgson has only given game time to 26 players outside the top five clubs, and only selected 28 players from outside the elite. Shame on him and his big team bias. Also, just a thought, any reason why big teams are more succesful and get this big team label? You don't think it could be because they have the better, high performing players that warrant international recognition do you?

The last manager to use your tactic of dropping established names (Beckham and Owen) and bring in less established players that looked good at littler clubs (Parker, Jenas, Carson etc) was Steve McClaren. How well did that work out?

Incidentally, I was in Basel last night and those fans that watch the game, and follow the side were in full vocal support of both Hodgson and Rooney; bizarre that they have this differing opinion to those who don't even watch the game on tele, yet still try and force their Roy out / drop Rooney opinion on all and sundry.

When it mattered in the WC he selected old veterans,Last night England were ok by all accounts but it is only one game so not really warrants your over excitement.

When it mattered in the WC he selected old veterans,Last night England were ok by all accounts but it is only one game so not really warrants your over excitement.

Literally the only old veteran in any of our games was Gerrard.

Lampard, Jagielka and Lambert were the only other outfield players over 30 in our squad and Jagielka was the only one who started.

He'd dropped Ashley Cole, left Carrick at home. Terry and Ferdinand were long gone. He'd done a good job of getting rid of the golden generation and there was a huge amount of youth in our squad (Shaw, Sterling, Ox-Chamberlain and Barkley all under 21).

Everton - 5

Southampton - 4

Tottenham - 8

West Ham - 2
Green & Carroll

WBA - 1
Foster

Celtic - 1
Forster

Palace - 1
Zaha

Norwich - 2
Bertrand & Ruddy

Cardiff - 1
Caulker

Villa - 1
Delph

Reading - 1
Mccarthy (call up only)

Newcastle - 1
Taylor (call up only)

well done mate,hope you got a sore throat!!!We played well,but men of the match were our fans..could here them all the game,well done.loved to have been with you,but would like to go to San Marino (away),next year with my son,might get a ticket on ebay,here in Germany!!!!!

Yeah I think he's quality for Liverpool and a great finisher, however I don't see how you can change the front 3 of Sterling, Rooney and Welbeck at this moment in time. Next match in a month, so I guess it also depends on club form.

Maybe play Sturridge as well,4 attackers..it is San Marino at home,go for it...Was at wembley 87?? when we beat Turkey 8-1 ,i think

Maybe play Sturridge as well,4 attackers..it is San Marino at home,go for it...Was at wembley 87?? when we beat Turkey 8-1 ,i think
But it's about supply to the attackers more than just quantity of strikers. We could legitimately play 424 if we wanted, or 343, and thrash San Marino as we definitely will anyway. But what are we really going to learn about playing a formation we won't play at the Euros when up against Spain or Germany?

But it's about supply to the attackers more than just quantity of strikers. We could legitimately play 424 if we wanted, or 343, and thrash San Marino as we definitely will anyway. But what are we really going to learn about playing a formation we won't play at the Euros when up against Spain or Germany?

true,but maybe some confidence if he-them,scores a few goals, say a hatrick or even 4 in that game..there again,if he-them does not score against San.ma, he night think,who can i score against:omg:.But thev 2 games v S.M, its going to be about shooting & putting the ball in the net.We should!!,win this group now,but some groups,it could go down to goal difference(unless they are doing that other rule?)

Really? Like Old Man Sterling alongside a 23 year-old Henderson?

It's becoming more and more difficult to take you seriously when you talk such twaddle.

Gerrard and Lampard were past it in that heat and Gerrard's error sent us home and lost Liverpool the title.

If those 2 hadn't retired I bet Gerrard would have played on Monday.

Back