• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Precisely. And if England beat Switzerland those on here suggesting we'll lose will be among the first to say we should be winning against these teams anyway.

If we win then great however I cannot see it myself.

Turns out Roy doesn't need me to summarise mrsblue's arguments anymore, he's more than adept at doing so on his own.

Turns out Roy doesn't need me to summarise mrsblue's arguments anymore, he's more than adept at doing so on his own.

You can argue your point 24/7 but the media and the majority of England fans are disappointed with the progress under Roy or lack of it.

We will qualify no danger yet you or i could manage them through this pathetic group,The bitter pill once again will be another painful experience in another final's under Roy.

He was a terrible choice as manager and the FA are now reaping the reward for their folly.

tough world cup group!!!!!THe only "good" team was Costa Rica, we came 4th,behind 2 other poor teams.I think the biggest difference was the managers.From the 4,ours was by far the worst

It was the only group in the world cup with 3 teams in the top 10 of FIFAs rankings. Not only that, the team that were ranked lowest (Costa Rica) actually won the group.

News flash, we have been pony for years!

We aren't pony. We aren't great either. Apparently when you take size of population and GDP, i.e. pool of players, and infrastructure/resources etc into account, we punch pretty much our weight.

The problem we have is that we think we should be better than we are. Other countries understand that they're not the best, and don't expect to be, and therefore don't put unrealistic pressure on their players.

we live in Germany,my son saw (this morning?? or last night),a little clip on German tv,taking the "pee" out of England,but most of all Hodgson..I did not see it,but it was about Milner (shot),fans laughing at the Englands "efforts",Hodgson not being happy at some of the reporters questions.In general,how poor we are(and i think,still falling).I am a very proud Brit,living here, but its driving me too drink:omg:

Not surprised they're focussing on that after losing 4-2 at home. Anything to make themselves feel better.

Loving Roy saying "absolute ****ing bollocks" in a press conference. Good to see his still got his passion and still sticking to his principles.

I only watched the first 30 mins and while it was quite dull, I thought we played ok and weren't in danger and we could have had a couple of goals via some nice build up play.

Let's be honest our team is rubbish, it doesn't matter if we sack Roy and get someone else in because the squad isn't going to change, the three Liverpool players aside and maybe Baines and Walcott when he's fit very few players are world beaters. The difference between us and Spain is that most of La Liga's teams can't afford to pay £10m for a new striker, something even Hull can do in the prem. Since most La Liga clubs are skint the only option they have is to focus on youth since it is far cheaper than the alternative. In England youth players get sent on loan to league 2 teams and then are eventually sold to a league 2 team because they have no experience of how the top leagues work, and the managers aren't going to give them time to bed into the team when they can just buy a ready made solution from another country instead.

It was the only group in the world cup with 3 teams in the top 10 of FIFAs rankings. Not only that, the team that were ranked lowest (Costa Rica) actually won the group.

Who eventually only lost on penalties to the Dutch in the quarter finals.

In fact didn't lose a game throughout other than on penalties.

You can argue your point 24/7 but the media and the majority of England fans are disappointed with the progress under Roy or lack of it.

We will qualify no danger yet you or i could manage them through this pathetic group,The bitter pill once again will be another painful experience in another final's under Roy.

He was a terrible choice as manager and the FA are now reaping the reward for their folly.

As opposed to?

It doesn't matter whether the manager's English, foreign or not of this world, as long as we have a short-termist footballing culture in this country we won't win a damn thing. Every time it's not working we become obsessed with the idea that changes need to be rung at management level, scrap the plans and start again. All the while, the likes of Germany and Spain abide by a carefully and methodically constructed plan pieced together with the help of internal and external expertise.

Look at the Germany side you're quick to vaunt. Klinsmann accepted the job not to win anything, but to lay the groundwork for someone else to. He travelled the world identifying best practices and settled on the sports management firm EXOS to oversee elite level planning and preparation. Widespread changes rang around the Bundesliga and the national set up, all designed to put into place a plan that future squads would all abide to. It took years to yield results, but patience and perseverance paid off. It's very similar to the vision LVG is currently selling Man United... there'll be initial pain as the former rule book is torn up but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

We've started down the same path. Hodgson's been brought in under the guise of being a safe pair of hands to bring through the next generation of players while a long-term system is put into place. Key hires have already been made with Southgate installed as overseeing youth funnel, while I'm utterly convinced Neville will end up taking over from Hodgson after 2016.

Do we have the same patience as the Germans to stick with the plan and not deviate from it because of a few bad results and performances? I'm not convinced.

Not true about German managers,they are under the same pressure as any other national manager.Löwe, was not offered a contract till after the world cup,because if he did not at least reach the final,he would have gone.i think he has only got an extention till 2016,euros (not sure) and of course the Germans expect to win it,if not ,he could well go.the game v Argentina,the German papers are ,mumbling ,already,,two of the German players were booed during the game,which Löwe moaned about..Franz Beckenbauer wanted Klinsmann sacked 3 months BEFORE the Germany 2006 world cup,the biggest difference is the German fa,they demand that German players playin the German leagues,the German youth system,is about bring through Germans.Just look at Bayern München,sacked their manager,he had won the treble, they sack their managers also often.the German fa plan is about youth developement,managers are just as likely to get theboot

very true LB,but the worst teams were the x_world champions,and we were without doubt,the worst..these fifa "rankings", i believe are crap anyway..if we go by the rankings,then we had a pen & one shot on goal, v Norway. (rank 53,eurosport), that was against a team WORSE than Armenia,Uzbeckistan and the "MIGHTY" Sierra Leone:omg: And dont forget,we played 25 mins v 10 man Honduras and could not even get a shot at goal

Phil Brown for England !Bye Roy.:smile::loyalsupporter:Then Bentley can get capped and his value will go up ten fold and SUFC will become wealthy enough to purchase a striker who can score goals .....ASSOMBOLONGA.
:smile:

very true LB,but the worst teams were the x_world champions,and we were without doubt,the worst..these fifa "rankings", i believe are crap anyway..if we go by the rankings,then we had a pen & one shot on goal, v Norway. (rank 53,eurosport), that was against a team WORSE than Armenia,Uzbeckistan and the "MIGHTY" Sierra Leone:omg: And dont forget,we played 25 mins v 10 man Honduras and could not even get a shot at goal

No. That's statistics. There's a difference between statistics and rankings.

Back