• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

I would think until all wages are paid up to date and other club related debts we would still be under an embargo.

So my question is if we have paid what we owed to HMRC at the given date why are we still under a transfer embargo?
In the absence of any respect and information from the club, all we can do is speculate. However, I think it's fair to assume that we are firmly in the crosshairs of the National League. We're financially non-compliant in so many ways other than tax debts. Perhaps the late wages to players has caught up with us?

Either way, I've heard some say how tin pot the National League is - two people doing everything from an office, etc - and being a bit complacent as a result, thinking we won't get punished. I think that's the wrong way of looking at it. Being overstretched and perhaps unprofessional makes them more unpredictable and inconsistent in my eyes. Best not to keep poking that bear.

Scunthorpe, who was also under a transfer embargo for unpaid tax and had a winding up order against them announced their debt to HMRC was paid off in full on the 30th January. 3 days later they announced 6 new signings.

If Ron received the £5 million bridging loan last week as reported and the players have been paid up to date then why haven’t the office staff, who are owed 3 month wages not been paid too, as apparently they still haven’t been paid. There’s been plenty of time now to pay them.

Just another chapter in the circus that will keep carrying on and on while that man owns the club.

So tell me why Scunthorpe has Tax problems And probably finace problems as well .Not to sure if they was also late paying the playrs But not sure on the players side of things .They pay up HRMC what they owed .Even thoe they got a new chairman .The embargo against them was lifted all most the next day .Seems to me the national bosses pick and choose who they want to favour .

So tell me why Scunthorpe has Tax problems And probably finace problems as well .Not to sure if they was also late paying the playrs But not sure on the players side of things .They pay up HRMC what they owed .Even thoe they got a new chairman .The embargo against them was lifted all most the next day .Seems to me the national bosses pick and choose who they want to favour .
Scunthorpe had tax problems because they also had an owner who didn’t know how to run a club and also didn’t have the clubs best interests at heart.

The NL don’t pick on certain clubs, that’s a pointless comment. If both us and Scunthorpe paid our taxes and bills on time then we wouldn’t be in this situation constantly.
Plenty of other clubs manage it, why not us?

Fortunately for Scunthorpe they now have a new owner, so looks like their fixtures with HMRC are over, unlike us, whose date with HMRC every year is one fixture you can always guarantee in the past and the future.

Sorry still dont get it in the past the club has settled there debts with HMRC and any embargo had been lifted within days .Why not this time .

This obsession with the embargo needs to stop. Ultimately we still have staff to pay along with other things so until that is all done we should not be signing anyone regardless.
Indeed. And of course we're hardly desperate for players. Perhaps a 'keeper and a striker on loan would be useful, but that's about it.

I suspect the embargo remains due to unpaid wages to staff - if these still haven't been paid this is a huge concern, but I'm not sure they have - plus varying other football-related debt.

This obsession with the embargo needs to stop. Ultimately we still have staff to pay along with other things so until that is all done we should not be signing anyone regardless.
I agree that staff need to be paid first, absolutely

My concern about the embargo is not for this season, it’s for next season. We have a lot of key players out of contract this summer and as long as we are still in a transfer embargo they won’t sign new contracts.

Yes they might be able to sign an initial new contract but they can’t be registered until the embargo is lifted, so would you sign a new contract without guarantees you’ll be able to play next season, no.

There will be a lot of clubs wanting the likes of Bridge, Hobson etc this summer so if we have any chance of resigning them then talks need to start immediately, although I imagine a lot will be waiting to see if we get promoted this season as I also believe promotion this season is our only hope of keeping hold of our key players and management.

I agree that staff need to be paid first, absolutely

My concern about the embargo is not for this season, it’s for next season. We have a lot of key players out of contract this summer and as long as we are still in a transfer embargo they won’t sign new contracts.

Yes they might be able to sign an initial new contract but they can’t be registered until the embargo is lifted, so would you sign a new contract without guarantees you’ll be able to play next season, no.

There will be a lot of clubs wanting the likes of Bridge, Hobson etc this summer so if we have any chance of resigning them then talks need to start immediately, although I imagine a lot will be waiting to see if we get promoted this season as I also believe promotion this season is our only hope of keeping hold of our key players and management.
I share your concern but do you think Kevs commitment to a 3 year project might mean he is likely to stay and maybe Benno, Would like to see Curry retained but he clearly could be chased , given his epxerience and further success with us?

Back