• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Email to Stewarts Law - Insolvency Team - Petition adjourned until 15th May.

Quite, but equally more fool them for agreeing to represent Ron. It’s not like he doesn’t have a reputation for not paying his debts is it! They were representing him at winding-up petitions, surely you’d ask for the money in advance :Smile2:
But they’ll get their money. £400k for a few months work is not to be turned down. I guess representing companies in the winders court comes with risk by definition. The bill no doubt is inflated to pay for the last company that didn’t make it through or didn’t pay.

Additionally £400k seems astronomical for representing the club in two winding up petitions. I wonder how much of that is interest?

My guess would be that there's a bit of 'fee management' going on here - they perhaps knew that they'd be a bit lucky to get all of their fee paid so made sure that every second they spent got recorded at the highest rate possible and billed it all on the assumption that then gives them plenty of wriggle room in accepting a more commercial payment when finally some payment offer is made.

Ron hasn't met any promise or deadline to date. To staff, players, HMRC, the courts, council, sundry creditors, the league... in fact anyone. Will this be any different ? or is it another date plucked out of the air to push things down the road.

Adjourned , now 15 May
Ok 15 OF MAY So its now over to the council to finish there Due diligents IN APRILthen call there council meeting pass these extra homes Then ron can sell up and the club can move on for once and for all .

Reactions: jnl
Southend council calendar There is now a 'special' cabinet meeting been scheduled for 29 Apr. No agenda so don't know if it's linked to us, I'm guessing not as I'd expect a full council meeting is needed, unless it goes to cabinet first?

Southend council calendar There is now a 'special' cabinet meeting been scheduled for 29 Apr. No agenda so don't know if it's linked to us, I'm guessing not as I'd expect a full council meeting is needed, unless it goes to cabinet first?
According to Councillor Cox the report was to go to cabinet for approval by the end of April- so I’m sure it is lined to us.

Do you know if that is the only sign off - or will full council be needed?

If I recall correctly the original leasing agreement needed full council ?
Not sure tbh. He didn’t mention it needed full council to my knowledge - and you have May 2nd elections. A few on here present as experts on council procedure (not me) so maybe they can help…?

Not sure tbh. He didn’t mention it needed full council to my knowledge - and you have May 2nd elections. A few on here present as experts on council procedure (not me) so maybe they can help…?
I believe the special cabinet on 29th April will be to scrutinise the report from the Those words are banned, provided its on course to complete on time.

If the Those words are banned report recommends that the council progress the deal and the special cabinet gives that recommendation the ok, then they can move onto the Agreement for Lease stage.

The AfL will likely take a couple more weeks to complete, and then that might need some sort of sign-off, though I'm not sure what form that sign-off would take.

Back