• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chuffed to bits with this one.

Really hope the Roots Hall faithful give him a fair crack of the whip and let him settle first before he's thrown to the wolves. He'll know our situation and hopefully won't be burdened too much by the pressure on him to deliver the goals. Let's let him play free of pressure and smash some goals in rather than declare him the saviour of our season just yet!

If Sokolik comes too I think I'll need to sit down.

He knows where the goal is for sure.......

[video=youtube;l1juvQRYoQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1juvQRYoQk[/video]
Gary Hill's (Woking manager) sons play for my Sunday league club, I'll ask him what he thought.
On the Sokolik news, i 'm excited! Rate him highly, a beast! Hope we get him

Really good loan signing and thought very highly of at the hammers.

Far too good for league two and I'm sure he will turn out to be a class act.

If Yeovil are playing Sokolik at right back then quite simply they don't deserve him! One of the most talented centre backs for his age that I've personally seen in a while. Bet Jakub wishes he hadn't listen to his ag**t.

Really good loan signing and thought very highly of at the hammers.

Far too good for league two and I'm sure he will turn out to be a class act.

As is/was Coulthirst at Spurs, hat-trick against Barca etc...just saying thats all. Lets give the lad a chance and if he doesnt score in the first couple of games lets hope everyone doesnt jump on his back. Hope he does well, god we need someone to score, but we need the whole team to start firing not just one individual.

Pleased to have Sokky back - wish he had signed for us.

And another loan striker. Hopefully one that won't need as much 'development' as Sharky as we can't afford to keep waiting for the 'talent to shine through'. :sad:

As you all know on here, I am highly critical of the loan system .... surely, it would be better to have our own players coming through than 1st division youngsters learning their trade in the 4th division.

Still, anyone wearing the blue shirt (sorry orange and black shirt) on Saturday will get my full support. :smile: :thumbsup:

Finally! I can let my. Goals corners thread die the death! And if Williams goes to Chelmsford for experience even better, add in Sokolik and An unaccustomed feeling stirs in the loin area

Cracking player, great signing imo...
A very strong, thick set young bloke, full of muscle, puts himself about and gets into great positions - he knows where the goal is.
I've seen him play a few times and always been impressed. He's too good for our development squad / reserves but not at the level of regular first team action. We finally have a front two banging em in like Cottee and McAvennie (take note PB - if someone as stubborn as your mentor BFS can change things, so can you) at the minute and Andy Carroll has just returned to training. So this is a great opportunity for him.
This is a really good signing, he's too good for L2 - which certainly bodes well for Southend.
The most important thing though is that chances are created for him of course.
He's good enough to play up top by himself but if PB does continue that way, you won't get the best out of him.
I'm excited about this signing, all round :thumbsup:

Cheers Mike, you could come in handy if we starting loaning players from you lot regularly

Sokolik coming back would be a major step towards getting our season back on track. It is weird how Brown usually does very well with his loan signings yet gets it all wrong when it comes to dishing out permanent contracts.

Sokolik coming back would be a major step towards getting our season back on track. It is weird how Brown usually does very well with his loan signings yet gets it all wrong when it comes to dishing out permanent contracts.

Yeah Sokolik is a class act, he reminds me of Skrtel so much that I wonder if he mentored him a bit at Liverpool.

I was talking to John White about him at the end of season sponsors dinner and was saying I was impressed with him and loved the way he was so full blooded and a physical colossus. John said it was the only way he could play and he was even like that in training haha

Sokolik spotted in Southend tonight.
I wonder how long his loan spell will be? Rest of the season would be great.

I think we can only sign him on loan for a maximum of three months. We can sign him permanently in January of course but I don't think we can convert an emergancy loan into a season loan then. Although it has been a while since I read the rules and they change frequently.

I think we can only sign him on loan for a maximum of three months. We can sign him permanently in January of course but I don't think we can convert an emergancy loan into a season loan then. Although it has been a while since I read the rules and they change frequently.

You're allowed a maximum of 5 season-long loans per season and we have one so there should be no problem converting Lee into a season-long but it ha to be done in the January window

I've just got a feeling that you can't convert an emergancy loan into a long-term loan. I'm not stating it as fact and definitely could be wrong but I think that is right.

Back