• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't queue in the cold......

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
..... But you need to throw a six to get through on the phones..... and not just one six, but ten in a row before you can even get into the telephone queue!!!

Has anyone else had the same problem, or have you been more successful and actually managed to get past the annoying bloke saying 'the Southend United ticket line is experiencing an exceptionally high volume of calls right now....'

So, it's either die from hypothermia or from a heart attack caused by the frustration of not being able to get through on the phone!!

Grrrr

..... But you need to throw a six to get through on the phones..... and not just one six, but ten in a row before you can even get into the telephone queue!!!

Has anyone else had the same problem, or have you been more successful and actually managed to get past the annoying bloke saying 'the Southend United ticket line is experiencing an exceptionally high volume of calls right now....'

So, it's either die from hypothermia or from a heart attack caused by the frustration of not being able to get through on the phone!!

Grrrr

Exactly the same here. Can't even get in the queue!

I doubt it as as busy as people think queuing for tickets..obviously it is a pain having to get down to the club especially if you are at work or miles away, but I doubt you would queue for more than an hour, if that.

I doubt it as as busy as people think queuing for tickets..obviously it is a pain having to get down to the club especially if you are at work or miles away, but I doubt you would queue for more than an hour, if that.

Perhaps not, but as I work in Basildon (lucky me huh?) it's not really possible.

In addition to that, the club are urging fans to phone up (and use the online tool) instead of queuring.... so if that's the case, perhaps get a system in place first which actually works!!

My Dad just collected my tickets. He said it's a nightmare, tickets not printed correctly, orders being screwed up all over the place by all accounts.

Took a lot of tries to get through yesterday on the phone and once I did, I waited for about 35mins on hold.

How I would have written the article...

Please DO queue in the cold because those of us in Suffolk who couldn't queue if we wanted to are trying very hard to get through on the phone because their fax ordered ticket hasn't turned up.
Us non-Southend living Shrimpers don't mind if anyone's nads should freeze off in that time, they'll just have to deal with it and sing in a very high pitch at the game.

;p

On a serious note, would it not be better to set the queuing system up to say (for example) "you are 106th in the queue, this may take an hour to get though." rather than chuck people out immediately.

On a serious note, would it not be better to set the queuing system up to say (for example) "you are 106th in the queue, this may take an hour to get though." rather than chuck people out immediately.

Indeed, at least then you can make an informed choice rather than not being allowed to wait in the queue!! I'd rather an engaged tone than this because every time you ring it, only to find out you can't queue, it is costing money!

My Dad just collected my tickets. He said it's a nightmare, tickets not printed correctly, orders being screwed up all over the place by all accounts.

Took a lot of tries to get through yesterday on the phone and once I did, I waited for about 35mins on hold.

Do you know how long your dad had to wait? Been trying yesterday and this am to get through on the phone to no avail as it's difficult for me to get to the ground.

You need to go in person or telephone if you want to get your additional ticket if you are a shareholder tho dont you?

If you just want your STH seat then online is clearly easier and possibly warmer if you have the heating on.

I had already bought them on the telephone, so he only had to collect them. I don't think it was that long to wait to be served, but once he was seen it took a while to find the order and print them out. Doesn't sound too organised.

Got there in the end though.

Do you know how long your dad had to wait? Been trying yesterday and this am to get through on the phone to no avail as it's difficult for me to get to the ground.

not sure if it helps but yesterday I was 5th in the queue and was on hold for 15-20 mins. Judging from the background noise there were actually quite a few people 'selling' tickets.

best of luck

All you have to do to get through on the phone is keep pressing re-dial over and over once you realise you've got the annoying man. It only took me 6 attempts and bam - I was through and number 18. Good times.

Just got back from 'the queue'. Waited approx 40 mins to be served. However, phones were continually ringing with nobody even attempting to answer them...

Just got back from 'the queue'. Waited approx 40 mins to be served. However, phones were continually ringing with nobody even attempting to answer them...

I doubt they have any extra staff in to cover the phones and the people at the desk as it is all a bit quick for them to handle..and train a few temporary staff up.

All you have to do to get through on the phone is keep pressing re-dial over and over once you realise you've got the annoying man. It only took me 6 attempts and bam - I was through and number 18. Good times.

This worked for me too, but I had to wait 1 hour 30 mins on the phone though!

I doubt they have any extra staff in to cover the phones and the people at the desk as it is all a bit quick for them to handle..and train a few temporary staff up.

Not knocking Southend at all here as I find it funny

I mostly buy my tickets online or over the phone for home games etc ... and have waited up to 15 mins on the phone And I have been only 1 on the list...lol

I waited an hour and a half yesterday to get Crewe tickets. Monday was my day off and I'm working right up till the game and had no way of getting the tickets.
The reason I had to go was the fact I bought 10 adults 2 juniors and 2 under 8 tickets so I wanted them all together.
You should have seen the young girls face when I asked for crewe tickets.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back