• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have to say that the headed goals Mooney scored in the video were as good as if not better than many of Corr's headed goals during his time here. I can't remember the last time I saw Corr score with a powerful and accurate header.....a looping one or two perhaps, or one where he makes a poor connection but it somehow finds its way into the goal anyway. He was better in the air when he first arrived but since his back and knee problems set in he's hardly been able to jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Corr scored a pretty good and powerful header at Wembley! Unfortunately the referee decided to disallow it for Bolger's pushing.

Mooney does look a lot more technically gifted and mobile than Barry, but more powerful with his head? Really?

Mooney is dreadful in the air and he isn't very mobile either (though admittedly I'd think he's more mobile than Corr). Certainly technically gifted when he can be arsed.

But don't listen to me, as I am bitter and being disingenuous or something (prize to whoever quotes this bit and says 'we won't').

Mooney is dreadful in the air and he isn't very mobile either (though admittedly I'd think he's more mobile than Corr). Certainly technically gifted when he can be arsed.

But don't listen to me, as I am bitter and being disingenuous or something (prize to whoever quotes this bit and says 'we won't').

Certainly wouldn't dismiss your opinion on a player you've watched for four years. It's clear he splits opinions amongst O's fans (much like Corr on here). Also if any of you are interested this is my cousin's opinion on Mooney, just for those who only want to hear good things:

"He is decent, got a good touch and scores some crackers, he will do very well for you. Well he already has, he's the ones that missed all those sitters in the JPT"

"He is decent, got a good touch and scores some crackers, he will do very well for you. Well he already has, he's the ones that missed all those sitters in the JPT"

:smile: :smile: That was a painful 45 minutes to watch. It could have been 8-0 at half time. To be fair his finishing is usually much better than that.

Shut up, we watched a 2 minute youtube highlights real, we know what we are talking about.

In all seriousness, looking at your forum there are plenty who did like him, so he clearly wasnt terrible. Ill reserve judgement till we seem for real.

Shut up, we watched a 2 minute youtube highlights real, we know what we are talking about.

In all seriousness, looking at your forum there are plenty who did like him, so he clearly wasnt terrible. Ill reserve judgement till we seem for real.

We like him more than we like Henderson. 12k a f***ing week I ask you... Anyway, I digress.

Look, in all seriousness he isn't the worst League One striker on earth. He will score a reasonable amount of goals if he gets good service. I'm just not a fan of how little he brings to the side when he's not scoring goals. Some people are prepared to overlook how pish he can be because he had a good season when the rest of the side had a good season. I'm not. Depends how much of a happy clappy you are, I guess.

You can make plenty of wine with all them sour grapes you have

You can make plenty of wine with all them sour grapes you have

Would you believe me if I said that I was actually quite glad Orient had been relegated because it seems to have brought an end to the ridiculous 'ageing galactico' policy that threatened (and still threatens, to a certain extent) the entire viability of the club as a going concern? And that we've now moved away from the unsuitable continental management structure, and got someone in who doesn't have to give team talks via the goalkeeping coach-cum-translator who had never played above Ryman level? Plus I'm looking forward to some new grounds and local away trips, but that's by the by.

Still, I'm aware that it's more convenient for you to dismiss my comments as 'sour grapes' or the like because you don't want to believe that I might actually be giving an honest (/accurate) appraisal of a player I've watched 100+ times.

Still, I'm aware that it's more convenient for you to dismiss my comments as 'sour grapes' or the like because you don't want to believe that I might actually be giving an honest (/accurate) appraisal of a player I've watched 100+ times.

I think it's more a case of we're really happy to finally be out of the bottom division after huffing and puffing at it for some seasons. We are also happy to be able rag an Orient fan (albeit one who likes to visit the zone) just because we can, basically. I do actually value your opinion JS, but I just can't resist some smart arse responses to you sometimes, just the way it is.

Would you believe me if I said that I was actually quite glad Orient had been relegated because it seems to have brought an end to the ridiculous 'ageing galactico' policy that threatened (and still threatens, to a certain extent) the entire viability of the club as a going concern? And that we've now moved away from the unsuitable continental management structure, and got someone in who doesn't have to give team talks via the goalkeeping coach-cum-translator who had never played above Ryman level? Plus I'm looking forward to some new grounds and local away trips, but that's by the by.

Sorry but this belongs on the league 2 forum

Seems to me Mooney divided opinion with O's fans a bit like Barry did here.

I'm happy with the signing but the proof will be in the pudding. If we've a creative midfield playing behind him I can see him doing very well.

I would not take this personally. I am certainly not dismissing your comments as 'sour grapes'. One things that has become apparent to soccer fans is that some players simply thrive at some clubs and not others. For example, many years ago a gifted young Southend striker called Hooper - who was largely used as a sub by the then manager Steve Tilson - went to Scunthorpe and much greater things.

I think many fans here are simply hoping that Phil Brown knows how to get the best out of David Mooney. Let's face it. There are not too many tall strikers in the lower divisions who are sure-footed and reasonably mobile.

Pleased to see after the debate of if you were Mooney would you go to Portsmouth (who I think will remain in L2 but others think will do much better) as a 'big' club etc. he stated playing in the highest league he could was a big factor- so he wanted to stay at least in L1.

Back