• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darryl Flahavan has been released by Portsmouth.

The 32-year-old goalkeeper failed to make an appearance for Pompey this season following his arrival from Southend last summer.

Manager Steve Cotterill wants somebody who will provide more competition for number-one keeper Jamie Ashdown.

He told The News: "Darryl was on a contract until the end of the season and he is now going. I just wish him all the best and, hopefully, he will find somewhere.

"Instead, I'm looking at someone I just feel will put a bit more competition on to Jamie.

"I want somebody who has played at a good level and I have a couple of ideas. One would be a free transfer I think we could get. It's very important to have competition all around the pitch."

"Following his arrival from Southend last summer"? Wasn't it 2 or 3 summers ago that we released him? Anyway, Morris has said himself that he's signing a new contract and the club only wants one senior keeper so we won't be re-signing Flavs.

Bit in the Sun today as Bournemouth are playing Real Madrid and he will be facing Ronaldo again after keeping him out when we beat Man Utd.

Conceded 6 as AFCB lost 6-0. Flavs is first choice with Jalal 2nd choice. Flavs played alot of last season but suffered a couple of injuries.
Simon Francis also played

Conceded 6 as AFCB lost 6-0. Flavs is first choice with Jalal 2nd choice. Flavs played alot of last season but suffered a couple of injuries.
Simon Francis also played

I don't think Flavs played at all last season as got seriously injured in pre-season.

Dear old Flavs, hope he gets taken on by someone else. Though not Col Ewe cos that would just be wrong! :nope:

Back