• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup (50 Overs)

Ok. Yardy. Why?!

England only got a 35ish off last 5 overs.........Yardy using up one of those to register a stonking 3 runs. He then bowls at over 7 an over.

Trott and Bell......both out when closing in on a century and 6 overs to spare (which was then wasted by the lower middle order). If they had stayed (or one of them) we would have had over 350.

Bowling and fielding?! What the hell is going on? Where have the Ashes standards gone. Get them home and get them rested up for the summer tests I think!

Still the format of this tournament means even if we lose this one, we can still go through if we beat Bangladesh (though that is no guarantee).

Yeah, don't think we bat deep enough and we didn't score enough runs to put the game away. It may sound like a good score, but I'm increasingly thinking that the par score on a good batting pitch is more like 330 anyway in this era of powerplays - which was roughly the score on the same ground against India which ended in a tie.

We had a great platform set but we needed our own Pollard, O'Brien, Pathan etc to come in and make a big score in the powerplay which would have taken the game away from Ireland.

I suspect we then crumbled under pressure when bowling and fielding. We saw against the Netherlands that we crumbled when we thought we might be in a position to lose a game against a team we were expected to thrash. Then we played with freedom against India, until we were in a position where we would be expected to win. It seemed the pressure of being favourites against Ireland got to us as well. Maybe this will be a good thing in that we won't be favourites in many more games now, but expectation doesn't seem to sit well with us. We must have really feared Australia in order to have beaten them!

Not enough Essex in the side.

Impossible to argue with this!

Another shock on the cards?! Canada need 185 to beat Pakistan. I missed the 9's when they were 5/6 down and the odds have quickly plummeted!

Yeah, don't think we bat deep enough and we didn't score enough runs to put the game away. It may sound like a good score, but I'm increasingly thinking that the par score on a good batting pitch is more like 330 anyway in this era of powerplays - which was roughly the score on the same ground against India which ended in a tie.

We had a great platform set but we needed our own Pollard, O'Brien, Pathan etc to come in and make a big score in the powerplay which would have taken the game away from Ireland.
The combined effort of our 6, 7, 8 and 9 was 22 from 23 balls. At the death of an innings on a batting pitch against supposedly weaker opposition that is pretty pathetic. Bresnan and Yardy are in the team for their supposed batting abilities. Is Ravi still having problems with bowling? He's never going to be a world beater but he's also never been that expensive and had he been in at 6 I'm pretty sure our total would have been a good 10 or 12 higher.

I made that sort of point to B earlier (privately) about scores Yorkie. 185 for Canada to chase is more like a 140/150 sort of score on these tracks! The fact Ireland smashed the record by 20 runs (for a team chasing a score) says it all!

The combined effort of our 6, 7, 8 and 9 was 22 from 23 balls. At the death of an innings on a batting pitch against supposedly weaker opposition that is pretty pathetic. Bresnan and Yardy are in the team for their supposed batting abilities. Is Ravi still having problems with bowling? He's never going to be a world beater but he's also never been that expensive and had he been in at 6 I'm pretty sure our total would have been a good 10 or 12 higher.

Ravi's main problem with his bowling IMO is that Strauss won't bowl him.

I made that sort of point to B earlier (privately) about scores Yorkie. 185 for Canada to chase is more like a 140/150 sort of score on these tracks! The fact Ireland smashed the record by 20 runs (for a team chasing a score) says it all!

If Pakistan lose to Canada, I'm giving up on this World Cup.

Pakistan and all their bookie cash grabbing ***** can **** right off.

I think even England could beat Canada.

I was undecided about whether i should get up at 4am on Sunday for the South Africa match .. i am no longer undecided

Darryl "elite panel" Harper, who puts the TURDS into the Third Umpire Review Decision System, is having a decision over-turned every 25 balls this innings.

That's 4 he's got wrong so far and counting. There was apparently nearly a 5th in which he was given the benefit of the doubt when hawkeye had it hitting but within the margin of error.

He is the umpiring equivalent of England's performance yesterday.

Bangles 58ao in 18.5 overs. They've been bowled out so quickly, there's only a 10 min turnaround between innings rather than the usual 45.

This is the WC equivalent of BOT bashing in BT :smiles:

Bangles 58ao in 18.5 overs. They've been bowled out so quickly, there's only a 10 min turnaround between innings rather than the usual 45.

This is the WC equivalent of BOT bashing in BT :smiles:

LOL.

A terrible day for the World Cup. NZ winning by 10 wickets against Zimbabwe with over 15 overs to spare having barely broken sweat and the West Indies bowling out Bangladesh for 58.

This isn't even beating up associate sides, the Bangles and the Zimbabweans are test playing countries, but they are being beaten up by the otherwise weakest test playing nations - the West Indies haven't won an ODI against a test playing country for something like 2 years.

Just tuned into the Eng vs SA game.

Oh dear.

171 mustered. Only Mr Dependable and Ravi getting any runs.

SA 85-3

Wicket turning a bit.

Bugger Prior misses a stumping chance, Pietersen to Peterson. I think Bumble said earlier that on occasions low scoring games can be as exciting as those with shed loads of runs. I think the Saffers should win from here, but.......

Back