• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COSU Statement - Friday 7th June

so basically Cowan blaming Cox - the layers of bull poo are just stacking up
We have to avoid the stupidity of trying at the point to allocate blame here and there between the parties- Cowan and Cox = SCC
It doesn’t matter how the blame is apportioned between RM and SCC even 90% to one or the other- we need to get that we really do. If we think just standing outside Ron’s house does it then it doesn’t- yes do that but hold SCC accountable, those who want to MP and want hundreds of our votes if not thousands- all of them

that is such a clear and obvious thing to do, but if part of the stalling is over the Martins paying £20 mill out of the profits back to refurb Roots Hall, will they want to pay out even further monies on top of that?

I very much doubt it
Ron Martin paying 20 million has been laughed at since the consortium mentioned it at the cliffs pavilion ( when everyone was smiling )

I wonder if a big factor in the Martin/Council negotiation and the 'viability' issues is the £20 million. The Martins will argue that without that, or a much reduced figure, a better deal is available to the Council.

I wonder if a big factor in the Martin/Council negotiation and the 'viability' issues is the £20 million. The Martins will argue that without that, or a much reduced figure, a better deal is available to the Council.
I think that deal was originally with COSU. maybe though the rats are trying to change the deal on housing to it cover some of that amount.

I’ve told him it doesn’t matter Cox = SSC Cowan=SCC the constant is SCC have been in the chair now for 8 months spending 7.5 promising so SCC are also culpable and in the chair. A simple concept we can’t deviate from
Cox deliberately kept the rest of SCC in the dark when he was chairing, yes Cowan is still SCC but he isn't lying when he says he only got to saw what was really going on a couple of weeks ago, the big problem is that we were assured that the elections wouldn't change anything when it's becoming clear that they have.

The local elections really came at the worst time for us, a few months earlier and Cowan would have seen the deal didn't work earlier and would had more time to renegotiate. If the elections were a few months later Cox would have known this would all blow up whilst he was still in charge and he might have tried harder to come up with a solution instead of pretending everything was fine when it clearly wasn't.

My reading is the reduction to 13% of affordable housing from levels previously agreed, and most likely floor areas and specs

Cox deliberately kept the rest of SCC in the dark when he was chairing, yes Cowan is still SCC but he isn't lying when he says he only got to saw what was really going on a couple of weeks ago, the big problem is that we were assured that the elections wouldn't change anything when it's becoming clear that they have.

The local elections really came at the worst time for us, a few months earlier and Cowan would have seen the deal didn't work earlier and would had more time to renegotiate. If the elections were a few months later Cox would have known this would all blow up whilst he was still in charge and he might have tried harder to come up with a solution instead of pretending everything was fine when it clearly wasn't.
It might not be fair but SCC are in the chair and must sort- all you are likely to do is give the idea that the option of blaming the previous administration is a valid argument and can be used to dilute responsibility- we cannot allow that as much as I sympathise with Cllr Cowan

that is such a clear and obvious thing to do, but if part of the stalling is over the Martins paying £20 mill out of the profits back to refurb Roots Hall, will they want to pay out even further monies on top of that?

I very much doubt it

Agreed, which makes our situation/survival the most precarious it’s probably ever been.

Worst case scenario: Ron/Jack refuse to give legally binding guarantees, and the council give a timeline of X months.

That’ll be our lot. COSU will not put another penny into the club without the guarantee & with them withdrawing we will cease to pay any/all bills/debts/wages/WUP’s etc. for all intents and purposes, we’d be removed from life support and we’d be waiting for nature to take its course.

God I am so bored of all this rubbish.
What an absolute $HIT Show Rat Man has caused.
one of the (many) things I find annoying about all this is they - Martins - now finally have an opportunity to walk away from it all and yet are STILL being arrogant egotistical *** holes

Just give up man - you're 70 (71?)- do you still need this sh-it?

Martin is the current custodian of the club and as such it his responsibility to pay the bills until such point it is sold. The fact is he can’t afford too which is why COSU are picking up the tab even though they don’t yet own the club.
Any agreement to get the Martins to underwrite this current in limbo expenditure wouldn’t be worth the paper it was written on, COSU will just end up joining the long list of creditors so surely they will want more than just a written agreement he will pay up!
If Ron could afford the agreement he could afford to pay the bills now as is his rightful duty to do so as current owner.

Back