• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I lost my dad 11years ago on Christmas Day so I know what your feeling B, I think I’ll take a single malt and raise my glass to our dads with you. Come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers.
Thanks, Xmas has become a bit of mixed time for me as Dad's birthday was Christmas Day so like you my thoughts do stray a bit, have a great time though mate !

I heard this from a mutual aquaintence of a fellow Shrimper in The Yard micropub in Maldon, which doesn't have a signal so I wasn't aware at the time, & I had to stay & have a few pints of Sint Nikolas at only 7.4% I am now home so will start with a Gulden Draak at 10.5% to kick the real drinking off.

It could get messy so if I make the Boxing Day game please keep the noise down!!!
Careful there old fella.

Actually no, forget that. Get absolutely battered 😂

I heard this from a mutual aquaintence of a fellow Shrimper in The Yard micropub in Maldon, which doesn't have a signal so I wasn't aware at the time, & I had to stay & have a few pints of Sint Nikolas at only 7.4% I am now home so will start with a Gulden Draak at 10.5% to kick the real drinking off.

It could get messy so if I make the Boxing Day game please keep the noise down!!!
Nice to see you are taking it easy Pete

Emotional really emotional! Happy that my Son will continue to have his club to follow! Memories flooded back of the times spent following my beloved club with good friends, some no longer with us, how they would have loved today. 8 years ago yesterday my Dad passed away, last night, after a day of wondering if we would hear anything I thought to myself ' Have a word up there with the management Dad ' He never let me down in life either 🙏 😉 Now I really can hit that bottle of special reserve Whiskey in celebration, Merry Fecking Christmas 🎄 Shrimpers!
Know where you are coming from @BEERMONSTER. We've known each other a couple of years at least & I know how very, very much SUFC means to Liam.

After having not been very much for the last several seasons I've been lucky enough to see him at the last few games & I'm sure he'll be really buzzing today. He was asking me only last Saturday outside the Fish House, unusually for me I was partaking in an unlucky gherkin as it transpired, & I said to him I was sure we were close to a deal. I then met Ian Redbourne, part of the consortium, who made me feel even more confident.

I know the club have already interacted with Liam about the disabled access & facilities so they are really up for improving the match day experience for all. As the sainted Dr Brian Edward Cox CBE FRS once said "Things Can Only Get Better".

I spoke to one of the consortium guys in the Railway after the game last week, and though he couldn't say much, he did say it was a matter of "when" not "if", so I've been pretty relax this week, but it's certainly nice to hear this today!

I'll be having a few drinks tonight, not just to celebrate the news, but to remember those who are no longer with us, absent friends and family looking down on this momental day.

We stand together.

Up the Blues
Yes nice one. Thinking of my old man too.
On the flip side, i'm ecstatic for my twins as they approach 20 and have a future with the mighty Shrimpers.
It's never boring supporting Southend and we are ready for more twists to come.
But to all those who fought for their club when needed, in whatever manner felt right, tonight we can relax.

I spoke to one of the consortium guys in the Railway after the game last week, and though he couldn't say much, he did say it was a matter of "when" not "if", so I've been pretty relax this week, but it's certainly nice to hear this today!
Same @Jay_SUFC . I spoke to a couple of the consortium in the BB as well & I was happy that they were ready to go & the delay wasn't theirs. I was only disappointed this week but what a fecking great Christmas present for us all!!

I think the new owners have the right vision & it won't be easy but I have real faith for the first time in more years than I'd like to remember.

Back