• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
An I the only one who feels we should try and wait to celebrate until he’s completely gone? Am I being too cautious?

He’s a horrible man and still won’t let the club go until he’s got it 100% in writing he gets his houses.

I know we’ve exchanged contracts but if the council agree to his demands could he still pull the plug/change the goal posts?
Not a lawyer but I'm assuming if contracts have been exchanged with a conditional term I'd assume Ron isn't allowed to pull the plug at this point unless the council cancelled the land deal?

I'm fairly sure RM is likely to be wanting to renegotiate the building of affordable homes and homes for rent that was part of the planning agreement for Roots Hall and FF. These homes would have really helped the city and the Council.

Not a lawyer but I'm assuming if contracts have been exchanged with a conditional term I'd assume Ron isn't allowed to pull the plug at this point unless the council cancelled the land deal?
If that’s the case then I’d feel more secure, I just don’t trust Ron to not try and change things again. Ultimately I’ll reserve getting too excited until it’s a complete. It’ll be great if the embargo is lifted next week though.

This feels very similar to when I had my ears cleared out when they were blocked. I was expecting a huge relief but it actually felt like some of the wax was still hanging around and took a while after before it felt alright again.

I'm happy for those whose celebrations have started but I'll wait for it to go through and the lifting of the embargo before I do.

This feels very similar to when I had my ears cleared out when they were blocked. I was expecting a huge relief but it actually felt like some of the wax was still hanging around and took a while after before it felt alright again.

I'm happy for those whose celebrations have started but I'll wait for it to go through and the lifting of the embargo before I do.
Well the ear wax thing certainly beats the usual house sale analogy 👍

Back