• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
JR had stopped giving deadlines so wonder if this was to head off obvious disappointment at lack of activity or he’s put an elongated timescale on it to appease the need for a date and hopes for sooner. Lord only knows…

Of those that have already written to their councillors, are you prepared to share what you wrote to enable it to become a template for others on the Zone to copy and paste, thus speeding up the bulk enquiries to our councillors?
Bumpity bump!

Anyone care to share?

Is this a process that councillors can speed up or is is something that the officers are dealing with? If it's the latter, an election based threat isn't going to make much difference.

Is this a process that councillors can speed up or is is something that the officers are dealing with? If it's the latter, an election based threat isn't going to make much difference.
Difficult to say, but putting pressure on our local councillors will remind them that their constituents are seriously concerned at the apparent lack of progress in finalising a deal for something that has been touted as a Community asset by Councillors not too long ago. It may also act as therapy for us sad arses that feel helpless otherwise. The fact that it could affect their re-election chances will not be lost on them.

JR said last night that he is trying to put pressure on the council and frustrated it could still take a further 6-8 weeks to sort out. Also said with elections also coming up he wants to sorted before than if possible

JR said last night that he is trying to put pressure on the council and frustrated it could still take a further 6-8 weeks to sort out. Also said with elections also coming up he wants to sorted before than if possible
Totally unacceptable from Southend Council

I think the fear with all is, if it does not complete before 6 weeks, purdah sets in and it could well drag on until early summer and that is if the new regime go along with the plan.

It will be very close for sure.
This is my point. If we are as a fanbase/fan groups going to attempt to apply some pressure it needs to be done sharpish, or it will be even more futile.

Ok, Local Councillor Template. Feel free to offer any amendments.

Dear Counsellor ...................

I am a constituent of your Ward and a long time follower of Southend United.

As you will no doubt be aware, the deal to sell Southend Utd to a Consortium, headed by Justin Rees, has reached a stage where the process is now undergoing DD by the Council before allowing Ron Martin (the current owner of the Club) to build further housing on Fossetts Farm. I'm led to believe that the DD is preventing the finalisation of the sale, and as such the Consortium is now running the Club financially, supported by the fan base, while the existing owner is getting away with totally abrogating his responsibilities to the Club and supporters and letting it happen.

As the Club has repeatedly been described as a community asset by numerous Councillors and a Southend MP, I would urge you to do everything in your power to enable this deal to be completed as soon as possible, even if this only involves lobbying the involved parties to make this happen. If that is the case, then again, please do so.

The major worry for the supporters now is that the forthcoming local elections will slow or stop the sale process, and the Consortium and long suffering fan base, most of whom are local electors, will suffer even longer delays.

Yours Sincerely,

This link contains all the current councillors so you can selecte the ones you need to contact.

Even if the officers are dealing with it, councillors can put pressure on to make sure it's a priority and not sitting in someones inbox waiting action

Right! I've emailed all three of my local Councillors with the template, and even it it only brasses them off, I feel a bit better. So if you are in the Council's voting areas, then get sending the template, what have we got to lose?

Now it's time to put your hand in your pockets and sign some proven players from a higher level! I'm all for giving players from an even lower division a chance but they aren't going to get us out of the national league.

Now it's time to put your hand in your pockets and sign some proven players from a higher level! I'm all for giving players from an even lower division a chance but they aren't going to get us out of the national league.
Can't afford the taxi fares mate. Are you offering to drive new recruits?

We are so fortunate JR and this consortium are involved- and even more fortunate are SCC- there is zero doubt that with any other buyers the perfect storm of Ron & SCC would have seen us out of business…

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back