• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club shop and stuff

For what it's worth I like Macron's kits, not only ours, but those of other clubs, too.

It's been said the issue with stock is down to the ability to be supplied enough, but evidently Wrexham, supplied by Macron, haven't struggled. Through work I'm quite close with Colchester United, supplied by Macron, and they've had no issue with kit supply.

Colchester's shop isn't run through Macron, like ours appears to be, meaning they have a range of other merchandise that can be supplied from anywhere.

For years I've been seeking a new car windscreen sticker since mine tore trying to remove it from an old car into a new one... surely that's a staple sort of product?!

Things like retro shirts are a huge seller as alluded to. I know World Retro have done some, but in my opinion (maybe not others) some of those are complete cr@p. Seems a big missed opportunity.

Hopefully this sort of opportunity, as as well as maximising food sales on a matchday by not offering complete garbage, will be on the to-do list of the new owners.

I suppose the limitation in the club shop could be that its run by Macron, so will only sell Macron items. If it was run by the club then other stuff from other retailers could be sought and included.

I suppose the limitation in the club shop could be that its run by Macron, so will only sell Macron items. If it was run by the club then other stuff from other retailers could be sought and included.
Understood, but that ought not be a huge no go mark these days. Department stores can make it work with sharing profits towards staff and overheads. If more footfall and more sales makes more £££ then daft not to.

Understood, but that ought not be a huge no go mark these days. Department stores can make it work with sharing profits towards staff and overheads. If more footfall and more sales makes more £££ then daft not to.

Are department stores still a thing?

One of the problems the club shop faces is unofficial memorabilia is available online far cheaper than it is in the club shop.

In fact that's the problem facing most physical shops but I guess trips to space have to be paid for somehow

It’s awful in there.
I have aL ways said it could be so much more
surely if they cannot obtain merchandise to make it look good then why don’t they become a little imaginative and rent some space out for others to sell things

Also it means (if the deal is structured as I presume) that they take on all the manufacturing risk so they are unlikely to go for more unusual items that won't definitely sell.

In the past I have bought some decent t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies in the club shop at reasonable prices - I am sure there is a big market for more than just expensive replica shirts.

I suppose the limitation in the club shop could be that its run by Macron
If it really is restricted to their products only that is a problem, and I can't understand why the club would do that? Macron don't make the kind of cheap 'tat' that you would buy as Christmas fun items, or that kids might buy with money they got for their birthday I don't think. If you have say £10 at the end of the month, what is there in the SUFC shop that you could spend your hard-earned cash on?

Imagine that we were to get to the play-offs next season, you'd want flags, special scarves (please, not half-and-half ones though - they are the work of the devil), t-shirts, bunting, not to mention mugs. Would the Club be able to do this?

The club shop has been, quite frankly, rubbish since Macron took over. It wasn't exactly a goldmine before but over the past couple of seasons there's just been nothing to buy. It's a bit embarrassing when you go to grounds a few steps down from us that have a fraction of the fanbase we have yet their club shops have a vastly better selection of merchandise.

I get that the club can't afford to run the shop itself but for heaven's sake just give the task to a company that can actually provide a decent service. Not having such basic items as club scarves and hats in the middle of winter is stupid, no one wants to buy another generic training top when it's 2 degrees outside.

Anglo Italian Cupl T-shirt with either:

1. Map of Italy and location of all games on the front or
2. List of fixtures on the back.
I'd love them to remake the Southend 4-0 Newcastle T-Shirt. Loved mine so much I wore it all the time until it fell apart

I'd love them to remake the Southend 4-0 Newcastle T-Shirt. Loved mine so much I wore it all the time until it fell apart
in a similar vein I had a white t-shirt - on the front it had SUFC crest, Spall logo and Hi-Tec sponsor (same layout as the replica shirt of the time) with all that seasons fixtures on the back. Think this was 90-91 possibly 91-92. I wore that to death.

I last visited the club shop in October last year when on a flying visit with the intention of buying a shirt and yet another new mug to go in my new office.

No home replica shirts (except in small kids size) and only medium away shirts.

No mugs, no mouse mats, no glasses in fact a complete dearth of any 'tat'. Seriously, what's a club shop without mugs and other assorted tat?

So far as kit supplier goes we won't be going back to Hummel as Elite Sports Group who distributed Hummel in the UK went bump in November last year (https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/11/no-more-hummel-for-british-clubs.html).

I just hope the new owners make an effort to sort the club shop out and bring it back in house rather than the increasingly **** poor effort of the last few years since we fell out with Just Sport who did, at least, make a bit of an effort.

I last visited the club shop in October last year when on a flying visit with the intention of buying a shirt and yet another new mug to go in my new office.

No home replica shirts (except in small kids size) and only medium away shirts.

No mugs, no mouse mats, no glasses in fact a complete dearth of any 'tat'. Seriously, what's a club shop without mugs and other assorted tat?

So far as kit supplier goes we won't be going back to Hummel as Elite Sports Group who distributed Hummel in the UK went bump in November last year (https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/11/no-more-hummel-for-british-clubs.html).

I just hope the new owners make an effort to sort the club shop out and bring it back in house rather than the increasingly **** poor effort of the last few years since we fell out with Just Sport who did, at least, make a bit of an effort.
Yeah, visited last September (for our 0-0 win v Wrexham 0-0).

Went in the club shop and was shocked at the lack of merch. My son did manage to buy me a beanie though, which I do like.

Are the ticket office and shop completely separate? In the week it would make sense to have tickets available from the shop rather than staff a separate ticket office. I have also asked for programmes in the shop before, but they did not seem to have any.

Are the ticket office and shop completely separate? In the week it would make sense to have tickets available from the shop rather than staff a separate ticket office. I have also asked for programmes in the shop before, but they did not seem to have any.
Run by different companies

Run by different companies
That is just crazy - no wonder we loose so much money. Who on earth thought that this was a good plan? I have never been to a football club where you can't buy back issues of the programme from the shop for example. Seriously I know nothing about business, but even I can see that this is not a great set-up. It is the sort of thing you would expect on round 1 of The Apprentice.

Back