• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club shop and stuff

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
The discussion on the strip, style and colours for next seasons home, away and 3rd is up and running.
But last year the merchandise, especially the official replica kits, where in short supply near enough from day one.
And other stuff in the shop was, in the main, dull, limited, uninspiring, over priced and underwhelming.
The best of the range was some of the training, warm up shirts imo.
If this was a school exam the shop would have been marked as E, borderline Failed, MUST DO BETTER.

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to market a decent range of products?

Crested/badged reasonable quality polo shirts for example in our colours and some "historic " shades such as cherry voltage? Suitable for leisure or golfers.
And have a golf towel, some tees, a divot fork, logo golf balls etc.

What else?

Gnomes!

Agreed. I've heard that it wi be even more basic this year. As they didn't sell enough of the high end stuff ( overpriced) stuff. The range would be more in line with our budget.

In other words, calling us all cheap! Hope, I'm wrong.

Macron are very cheeky too. Flogging a load of gear towards the end of the season with the old Macron logo on. Not on!

Looking back on the kits manufactors in the past. Hummel and Macron. I thought, hummel gear was better quality especially the kits! People moan about the badges peeling off! Following the washing instructions and don't tumble! No problem loved the badges on the Hummel kits.

I've always been surprised by how poor the shop is. Come Christmas/birthdays/other occasions I have looked in vain for something, just about anything to buy. I was going to say that there are non-league teams with a better shop that ours, then I remembered....

The point still stands though. The shop is rubbish.

My starter for 10 is -
beach towels (as we have a beach), rulers (always in style), mugs (I won't make the obvious joke), pencil cases (put the ruler in), cuddly shrimps (who could possibly resist?), assorted baby things that make reference to dribbling, umbrellas (good for rain and sun), Oyster/bus pass/season ticket wallets (most people probably have one or the other), passport holders (for when we are in the Champions League)..

Agreed. I've heard that it wi be even more basic this year. As they didn't sell enough of the high end stuff ( overpriced) stuff. The range would be more in line with our budget.

Macron are very cheeky too. Flogging a load of gear towards the end of the season with the old Macron logo on. Not on!

Looking back on the kits manufactors in the past. Hummel and Macron. I thought, hummel gear was better quality especially the kits! People moan about the badges peeling off! Following the washing instructions and don't tumble! No problem loved the badges on the Hummel kits.
Not only that, but pretty sure they moved to stitching badges on the season after we split with them.

Let the Macron deal lapse, and then the club seriously needs to go back to Hunmel if possible.

As someone who has collected memorabilia (and spent a lot of money on it over the years) since I was a kid, I can honestly say that if someone gave me the keys to the shop and said “help yourself” there is nothing at all I’d want - the stock is so abysmal.

Every year I normally buy a baseball cap. They have usually been of great quality with a nicely woven badge in the front and quite stylish.

This season just gone, they cap in the shop was a poorly produced, sun-standard effort with a printed badge on it and not worth having.

I hope that we return to selling a decently made cap again as these have always sold well. Club is missing a trick by not producing a better range of badges too - so many collectors out there that want these and pay good money for them. Posters, player postcards for kids to sign, photos of old players, crested clocks, collectibles, a calendar (again) - so many things that would sell well if someone had the foresight to actually realise that memorabilia (if marketed well) can make a lot of money.

How about pants, boxers, something for the ladies?
All with SUFC SHRIMPER on the elastic waist band.

Then the boyz in the hood with Jean's slung low can show their followers.

And hoodies

how about souvenier bottles of wine, was a club Aussie rules club on th Mornington peninsula in Victoria sold souvenier bottles of win , there nickname was the tigers so they called the wine Tiger p*ss

Their stick on badge was awful, as they easily come off after washing the shirt fews time!

Then dont wash it a few times wash it many times
There is the dilemma. Once it starts coming off, do you leave it looking a bit meeehhh, or pull it off completely? I'd go for the latter, pretend that it is in some way retro or minimalist.

Back