• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown has also said ''There are one or two others who were in the squad on Saturday who don't want to be here either, and if they don't want to be here, then I don't want them here.'' ''I'm basically down to 16 senior professional players now.''

I wonder who else will be leaving.

I suppose the biggest concern is that most of us have bought into the "cohesive" squad feeling and this may cast doubt on it. I presume when he says ' one or two' , he must mean two at least or he would have said one. Hopefully it can be sorted and everyone can get on with playing the game happily.

The difference between prosser and deegan is we have other players who can do what prosser does, but we don't have another player who can do the role deegan can do, the dirty work of breaking up the play, getting stuck in and being the rock it so called "hard man" in the middle. Can be valuable in this league on those northern trips when other players might not fancy it.

Sad to see Luke go but it will be better for him to do so. He'll thrive in League 2. Also time to say goodbye to Hurst, but I would keep Weston - his pace as a second half sub will be invaluable with Barnett in the side.

I believe Luke is more than capable at league 1 level. A great squad man also and about as brave as you can get. I hope he gets a good move and it would be interesting if that was to a league 1 club where he could perform regularly and showcase his worth. The departure lounge for me would also definitely include Hurst and Weston. That would bring our squad down to 21 if you exclude Hendrie , Prosser, Hurst and Weston, ( but include Paul Smith and Jason Williams ) and would allow funding for a couple of extra hopefully better and decent players if our scouting outfit could continue to get their act together

I hear from my Orient pals that our old centre back M'Voto had a massive barny at half time in the changing room & was told he will never play for the O's again. Apparantly he had been playing well recently and when he played for us he was top quality ( until he got injured , then he was cack ) ..... So i wonder if Brown & Hessenthaler could swap M'Voto & Prosser . Both i rate highly and Luke should be handed the captains armband from Sean Clohessey - he would turn them round a treat and deserves to play for a club that will give him a chance. M'Voto would be a handy man for us when Bolger has another wobble, or Barrett gets injured, or Thompson gets snapped up by a bigger team.

Reality is PB would like to improve the squad by bring 2-3 in and this can only happen if 2-3 go out- sometimes this has to be engineered by player or club.

Prosser, Hurst and Worrall may well be those concerned. Luke deserves first team football, still a good squad player for us but a departure now seems likely best for both parties. Hurst I strongly suspect would like a mover nearer 'home' plus at his age again will want regular match time. Worrall good player but I suspect would prefer to be nearer home and if we can get a modest fee as well..

They key to all this really is who we can get in. In the end we should be continually looking to improve the squad if we can.

An interesting comment, Deegan is the ultimate marmite boy. Assuming Luke leaves, then who will come in for the lions share of the SZ hairdryer treatment? I would think Atkinson, Deegan and Mooney, not necessarily in that order. Maybe we should have a SZ poll to see who most would like to beast the most?

All 3 you name have yet to demonstrate to me that they are anything other than League 2 journeymen. Good pick Rootshallbloke.

Sadly Mooney has not even attained that modest level lately !

I do feel a bit sorry for Prosser. Ok not always the highest in ability but always gives his all for the cause. Many times this season I thought he might be given a chance and then we get a loanee in instead. Will wish him the very best for the future because I really don't think he's been given a fair crack at the whip!

Prosser is a good centre back and if he wants to go then let him go, he will have no problems getting a contract elsewhere, no point in keeping a player here if he don't want to stay and play, on his day he is one of our more consistent defenders and I will be sorry to see him go, goodluck Luke:thumbsup:

Nothing to do with scapegoating, he's just not good enough for League One.

It's a shame, but that's the way it goes.
I would argue against the 'scapegoating' . There are a lot of fans on here that can't wait to take direct or indirect hits at Prosser and fail to see anything positive in him . ie Before 3.00pm Saturday lots saying glad Barretts back as he adds experience to the defence etc- they seem to have forgotten that we got stuffed twice with Barrett playing ! Maybe my memory is playing tricks, but I could have sworn that on match report on here this season he has got numerous mom ratings - strange for a player not good enough at this level. The fact Barna doesn't rate him ( 'watching' from another country) should be enough to prove he can play ! Other players get given the benefit of the doubt or get comments like 'his not match fit yet- give him a chance', or 'give him a run of games and then see' . Often people that made these comments would not apply that luxury to Prosser

As others have said he is/was the most committed player in our squad IMO. I can recall his reaction to us getting to Wembley (both times and it was significantly more positive that the other players that deep down knew they would not be playing. (its easy being committed when you are guaranteed to play).

I wish him well for the future. I don't know what happened the same as most people. I would love to know what has happened because the general view of Prosser as a person (not a football player) was extremely positive and I find my personal opinion at him at odds with someone that would have done something so bad as to make his manager (according to others on here) state that he will never play for us again.

If it is correct that there are others that 'don’t want to be here' then is something deeper wrong ? Or are the comments slightly misleading and its simply players that are not playing wanting to play. ie. They don't think they will get the game time they want under Brown and that’s why they want to leave. To me that is different from 'not wanting to be here' .

Good luck for the future, and if you end up playing against us I hope you get a good reception

Last edited:
Who are the others that want out then? Hurst must be one the other I'm not sure.. Hunt wishing he went to MLS? Mooney changed his mind? or could it be Worrall?

I do feel a bit sorry for Prosser. Ok not always the highest in ability but always gives his all for the cause. Many times this season I thought he might be given a chance and then we get a loanee in instead. Will wish him the very best for the future because I really don't think he's been given a fair crack at the whip!

Agree , but if we want to move forward as a club , we need to aim higher in terms of quality. Personally I wouldn't be bothered if prosser deegan Hurst Atkinson deegan all left. Especially if it meant bringing in 2 or 3 superior players.

Who are the others that want out then? Hurst must be one the other I'm not sure.. Hunt wishing he went to MLS? Mooney changed his mind? or could it be Worrall?

Hurst is perhaps a reasonable guess. What about Wordsworth? Not delivered so far this season but then again has spent some time injured.

Prosser developed so much from the jittery kid who was subbed off after half an hour against Port Vale, into a reliable, solid player who is always committed, vocal, and a true team player who deserves so much better than to be made into a scapegoat.

It's true he has his limitations, and if we're looking to a top half finish then we need better but he'd be a solid signing for any team battling relegation in league one or fighting for promotion in lg2.

It's probably time for Luke to go, but it's a great shame that it's in these circumstances. I can't buy Prosser being a trouble maker for a second, he's always been a committed team player and if there's anyone I think less of coming out of this, it's Brown not him.

Good luck Luke.

Last edited:
Does work hard Prosser but it is time to go, not up to league 1 standard imo. But would be a handy singing for a league 2 side. As for other players who want to leave as well Im not sure who they could be but i would make a guess that they are Hurst and maybe..Williams?

If it was me, I would like to see the back of Prosser, Hurst, Atkinson and Maybe even Weston. This would free up a lot of wages to go and sign a couple of decent league 1 players.

All the best Prosser.

Does work hard Prosser but it is time to go, not up to league 1 standard imo. But would be a handy singing for a league 2 side. As for other players who want to leave as well Im not sure who they could be but i would make a guess that they are Hurst and maybe..Williams?

If it was me, I would like to see the back of Prosser, Hurst, Atkinson and Maybe even Weston. This would free up a lot of wages to go and sign a couple of decent league 1 players.

All the best Prosser.

Atkinson wont be leaving, he appears a PB favourite at times and often a go to player. The fact that he plays ahead of Timlin says it all

Atkinson wont be leaving, he appears a PB favourite at times and often a go to player. The fact that he plays ahead of Timlin says it all.

Except that Atko plays on the rightish side of midfield and my understanding is that Tims prefers the left hand side of midfield. Does that count for anything/is that relevant?

Back