• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bishop's Stortford 1 Southend United 4

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Sandaat isn’t under contract currently, and is attracting interest from elsewhere.

Wood is currently where he should be on his development plan following his loan spell last season.
Another reason we need the deal done soonest to nail these down as well as try and secure Dallas and any other who might be still hanging on.

Sandaat isn’t under contract currently, and is attracting interest from elsewhere.

Wood is currently where he should be on his development plan following his loan spell last season.
That being the case then I'm very surprised he's even still here. Kevin must have him locked in his shed during the week, for me he's an absolute must keep

Played some really good football, particularly first half. We looked a couple of levels above a side in the division below.

Had a nightmare start after a long clearance from Collin to Callum Powell wasn’t, unsurprisingly, held up and Stortford countered. But that’s why you have pre-season to knock the rust off.

We equalised immediately after good work down the left from Fonguck, my man of the match, led to a tap in for Powell. We then continued to spray the ball around, working angles, playing between the lines. Wood soon after got the first of his three. He looks like he’s grown a little in height but also looks a lot more muscular - not chunky but sinewy muscle. It’s not an exact comparison but there’s a bit of Gary Hooper about him.

The midfield looked really good with Miley, Husin and Fonguck all linking and switching play. Bridge hobbled off just before half time but hopefully that’s precautionary. Gus was a constant outlet down the right. Powell was Powell.

Defensively we weren’t really tested but I thought Kensdale looked like he needs a few more minutes to get game pace. Harry Taylor slotted seamlessly into RCB and good to have Ralph back. Thought Collin was another who could do with some more minutes.

Second half the conditions deteriorated and a slew of subs didn’t help. Coker and Bland came on early but the others who came on later I didn’t know and didn’t really do much to stand out.

John Still was watching, as was Sandat.

No sign of Ron Martin, although I don’t suppose he was home either. The sooner he goes the better.

Played some really good football, particularly first half. We looked a couple of levels above a side in the division below.

Had a nightmare start after a long clearance from Collin to Callum Powell wasn’t, unsurprisingly, held up and Stortford countered. But that’s why you have pre-season to knock the rust off.

We equalised immediately after good work down the left from Fonguck, my man of the match, led to a tap in for Powell. We then continued to spray the ball around, working angles, playing between the lines. Wood soon after got the first of his three. He looks like he’s grown a little in height but also looks a lot more muscular - not chunky but sinewy muscle. It’s not an exact comparison but there’s a bit of Gary Hooper about him.

The midfield looked really good with Miley, Husin and Fonguck all linking and switching play. Bridge hobbled off just before half time but hopefully that’s precautionary. Gus was a constant outlet down the right. Powell was Powell.

Defensively we weren’t really tested but I thought Kensdale looked like he needs a few more minutes to get game pace. Harry Taylor slotted seamlessly into RCB and good to have Ralph back. Thought Collin was another who could do with some more minutes.

Second half the conditions deteriorated and a slew of subs didn’t help. Coker and Bland came on early but the others who came on later I didn’t know and didn’t really do much to stand out.

John Still was watching, as was Sandat.

No sign of Ron Martin, although I don’t suppose he was home either. The sooner he goes the better.
How did Clifford do? Did he come on when Bridge went off?

Those goals were well taken by Wood.

Got to try and not fall in love with him, just know he’ll be off before we know it 😭

Absolutely Brilliant, Could not make game today.
What a great start, under great difficulties so far this season. Hopefully something happens soon to get everything settled. Well done All players Kev and co. Special mention to Callum Powell and Jack ‘Golden Boot’ Wood.
Can’t wait for season to start COYB, UTB

Last edited:
That'll be good for team morale, did anyone who went notice any physio on duty and how was Bridge re injury .
How many warm up friendly games could still happen before the Oldham game?

That’s really poor contract management by SUFC if Sandat wasn’t offered a new contract during last season, given that he was a breakthrough player.

Back