• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Barnet v Southend United, Saturday 24th August, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 120 90.9%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 121 91.7%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 119 90.2%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Cav Miley

• James Morton

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 70 53.0%
  • Josh Walker

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 120 90.9%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 78 59.1%
  • Jack Wood

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 115 87.1%
  • Adam Crowther

• George Wind

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 112 84.8%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Mikey Faulkner

• Beau MacDonald

• George Moncur

Votes: 55 41.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 51 38.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
they seem to have forgotten that we have signed Josh Walker! Hope he’s fit this weekend to face two of his former clubs.
There were a couple of comments:

'Josh Walker is another ex-Bee on their playing staff. He missed their win on Tuesday, mind you, so he may not be involved on Saturday. Hope not, in light of his record against us for Dagenham…'

'Yes that remark by me was indeed sarcasm.

Oh I didn't realise the snake had signed for them. Not surprised as he did his disappearing act after Currie left and Jeremy took over.'

So most of our new acquisitions are not on anyone’s minds?
Crowther, Morton, Wind and Gubbins
Not a decent one amongst them?

So most of our new acquisitions are not on anyone’s minds?
Crowther, Morton, Wind and Gubbins
Not a decent one amongst them?
No doubt their chances will come, and maybe sooner rather than later with another game on Monday. Looking at them individually, Crowther and Gubbins would have to take out any of Taylor, Kensdale or Ralph, and although I could see a case for Crowther replacing Ollie, I doubt the Amigos would agree. George Wind in for Gus? unlikely to depose our top scorer for the moment, which leaves Morton. In my view, he's a holding midfielder and Miley offers a bit more than him, which in turn allows Noor to press forward.

I think it may be th same starting X1 as Tuesday if tere was to be a change perhaps Kev maybe tempted to start Moncur instead of Noor as it was Noors first match back from injury ,then substitute Moncur after 60 minutes for Noor, just a thought ,he has said he needs to manage their build ups to begin with, its good that we can now make 5 substitutions ,it gives minutes to others such as Wind ,Gubbins , Wood ,also Walker if fit enough,and a chance for some of the regulars to have a break . Anyway lets wait and see .
You mentioned Wind there.
His 5 minutes played below us in East Stand showed for me that he is worthy of a 20 minutes next time.
Great promise.

Yes it’s amazing what happens when the best available players are played in their best positions. Barnet will be a tougher prospect than poor old Boston were, for sure. Waldron will probably start again so it’s another chance for him to impress (unless we sign anyone tomorrow that is….) .. if we lose I’ll stay clear of here and the inevitable doom & gloom!

Wise. Very wise.

A loss on Saturday and there will be dark clouds over the club [laughing face].

3 points and there will be comments about winning the league by a country mile.

Last edited:
ECHOSPORT talks to Barnet fan Charlie Cassen ahead of Saturday's match against Southend United.

Barnet have six points from the first three games. What have you made of the start of the season?

"I've been seriously impressed by our patience and the way we move the ball.

"It's a significant improvement on last year.
"We are dominating games, and should probably be sitting on nine points with a greater goal difference than we have.
"Ebbsfleet away last weekend should have realistically been 4-0 or 5-0 but we've come away with only a 2-1 victory, having conceded a silly penalty in the final minute of the game.

"Forest Green on Tuesday was the first big test.
"I just don't get the FGR hype. I thought we played them off the park from the off, and got our deserved victory through Zak Brunt in the dying minutes.
"We've now got you boys on Saturday which will be an even bigger test, it's always a tough game when the Shrimpers are in town.

"I imagine you will want revenge from us doing the double over you last season!"
How many signings were made in the summer and how much has the team changed?
"I believe we made 13 signings, one of which has gone back out on loan to Braintree.
"On the surface, people may look at that and think we've assembled a whole new team.
"That's not the case, we've kept our two goal scorers in Stead and Kabamba, Brunt and Hartigan in the middle are ever present, and then Danny Collinge our centre half is still with us.

The only player from our spine that's moved on is the goalie Laurie Walker, however in my opinion we have upgraded with Nick Hayes in the sticks.
"Harry Chapman, Joe Kizzi and Nik Tavares look like stand out acquisitions from what I've seen so far."

What are your hopes for this season, do you think promotion is possible?

"Since Brennan took over in September 2021 we've finished 17th, fifth and second last season.
"We keep improving and getting better. "We are the bookies' favourites for a reason.
"With that comes pressure, but I hope it's pressure we can soak up in a positive way and go one better than last year. "I can't go through the pain of the play-offs again.
"I honestly believe we've got what it takes to win our fourth National League title.

Who is the dangerman?

"One player to watch out for is Callum Stead.
"He's a naturally gifted goal scorer, skilful, got an engine in him like you've never seen, and one that will cause any defence in this league problems."

What's the team news?

"Nicke Kabamba wasn't in the squad on Tuesday so I doubt he will play.
"Rhys Browne is out for about six weeks and Danny Collinge has an ankle issue.
"Apart from that we have a fully fit squad.

"I think it's hugely beneficial that we made so many signings and have one of the biggest squads in the league.
"The fact you can now have seven subs and make five makes a massive difference and the team's with extra quality on their bench will benefit massively this year."

Noticed that Daggers are playing tonight not Saturday. So will have an extra day to recover before the battle at RH on Monday.

I think Barnet have signed too many players. They won’t gel and after we thump them tomorrow they will go on a bad run, their few hundred fans will get grumpy and eventually their manager will be sacked and we’ll sign all their best players in January. That’s my expert analysis, I’ve been around the block, watched a lot of football- cheers

I think Barnet have signed too many players. They won’t gel and after we thump them tomorrow they will go on a bad run, their few hundred fans will get grumpy and eventually their manager will be sacked and we’ll sign all their best players in January. That’s my expert analysis, I’ve been around the block, watched a lot of football- cheers
Agreed NZ but may I add on they are north London mugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back