• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Barnet v Southend United, Saturday 24th August, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 120 90.9%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 121 91.7%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 119 90.2%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Cav Miley

• James Morton

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 70 53.0%
  • Josh Walker

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 120 90.9%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 78 59.1%
  • Jack Wood

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 115 87.1%
  • Adam Crowther

• George Wind

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 112 84.8%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Mikey Faulkner

• Beau MacDonald

• George Moncur

Votes: 55 41.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 51 38.6%
  • Lose

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
Of our four consecutive Saturday's away from Roots Hall, this Saturday's is by far the shortest journey (for Essex based Shrimpers anyway) and so we will again be backed by a huge away following at the Hive, home to Barnet - most people's pre-season favourites to win the National League this season.

The Bees have a point more than us having lost on the opening day of the season 2-1 at Halifax, winning 2-1 at Ebbsfleet and then winning their first home game of the season against Forest Green Rovers, who played with 10 men for the last part of the game, 1-0 thanks to a Zak Brunt effort in the 94th minute.

It seems to be a bit of a stuttering start for Dean Brennan's side, given how heavily backed they were to succeed having made some significant signings over the summer. These include our former loanee goalkeeper Nick Hayes, Finley Wilkinson (the young lad from Hitchin who we were interested in last season), midfielders Harry Chapman (Bradford), Anthony Hartigan (Mansfield) and Billy Clifford (Ebbsfleet), centre back Nik Tavares (Dagenham) and full backs Myles Kenlock (Ebbsfleet) and Joe Kizzi (Sutton). They also acquired young winger Jermaine Francis from Chelmsford City, a player mentioned as a potential target for us. Ben Coker is another familiar face in their squad - hopefully he’ll get a better reaction from our fans than Dan Mooney did on Tuesday night!

With this game and then Daggers at home on bank holiday Monday, Kev will need to use his squad wisely. Some players will be fine to do two full games in three days but others - particularly those with less pre-season minutes like Husin, Waldron and Moncur - might need their on-pitch time to be managed in order to not pick up further injuries.

With only one defeat since February, this squad should face Barnet with plenty of confidence - especially backed by such a large away following. So who would you pick to start and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something like this? Depending on the fitness of Moncur and Walker obviously. Coker for Moncur and Waldron for Walker if not fit.
View attachment 33530
I like this team when everyone is match fit/match sharp. I think it may come a bit too early though. We also have a game two days later.

I'd go for:

Collin
Taylor Kensdale Ralph
Gus Coker Miley Husin Bridge
Waldon Cardwell

With Moncur coming on and getting some minutes and then replacing Husin in the starting lineup on Monday against Daggers. We have to manage certain players in the right way so they don't get injured.

Voted. And it does appear 8/11 picks itself.

Mods,any chance you can delete the "joker"(s) who select a side with no goalkeeper etc; and distort the figures put forward by regular type posters?
It, they have no purpose and are a little irritation, bordering on silly.
And may be detrimental to the whole SZ?

Think we’ll be unchanged for this one. Moncur likely to replace Husin on about the hour mark and Walker will probably come on for Waldron if he’s fit enough to be involved.

We have a strongest side now i
Something like this? Depending on the fitness of Moncur and Walker obviously. Coker for Moncur and Waldron for Walker if not fit.
View attachment 33530
Easily our strongest side, picks itself and it looks not bad at all. Some good players in there. Fingers crossed they are allowed to enjoy the football and look to score. Another 0-0 though I think with our intent to keep it tight.

Mods,any chance you can delete the "joker"(s) who select a side with no goalkeeper etc; and distort the figures put forward by regular type posters?
It, they have no purpose and are a little irritation, bordering on silly.
And may be detrimental to the whole SZ?
We don’t have the visibility of who it is, or to separate out and remove the votes.

I think we can all guess the likely people responsible, but as with their behaviour elsewhere there is only a limited amount we can do.

What would be great is if they would just grow up, but let’s not hold our breath on that one.

I reckon a draw would be acceptable for this one, but a win would be even better. Difficult selection choices for Kev with 2 games in 3 days. I would start both Waldron and Noor again with a very strong bench to provide cover

lineup (12).png

We don’t have the visibility of who it is, or to separate out and remove the votes.

I think we can all guess the likely people responsible, but as with their behaviour elsewhere there is only a limited amount we can do.

What would be great is if they would just grow up, but let’s not hold our breath on that one.
Maybe for the next match and onwards the 'voters publicly visible' option should be taken in the poll, it's not difficult. That said, if someone is being a nob it wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last, named and shamed or not.

Maybe for the next match and onwards the 'voters publicly visible' option should be taken in the poll, it's not difficult. That said, if someone is being a nob it wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last, named and shamed or not.
Can you default colin in goal.

Pick your starting 10

Can you default colin in goal.

Pick your starting 10
A poll is generic and not specific to the pre match team selection. Unfortunately Collin or any keeper cannot be set to a default 'Tick'. We may be able to force posters to select 11 players, but that seems a little draconian to me.

A poll is generic and not specific to the pre match team selection. Unfortunately Collin or any keeper cannot be set to a default 'Tick'. We may be able to force posters to select 11 players, but that seems a little draconian to me.
Forcing a selection of 11 players for starting selection of 11 seems perfectly reasonable and logical to me.

Forcing a selection of 11 players for starting selection of 11 seems perfectly reasonable and logical to me.
Without taking this too far off topic, posters' votes can be displayed publicly as an option within a poll. It is also possible to set the maximum selectable responses, but not the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back