• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe Ron was hoping no-one would notice while the media focused on Google and Apples tax bills.

From what I recall at our last AGM, Ron explained that he is paying the club's bills through land deals. If things go through by the planned date then happy smiles all around, but if they hit delays HMRC go running to Mummy because their pocket money is short and we get hit by an embargo ! As someone else has pointed out, it would be interesting to know just how much of the public purse that department has wasted on harassing Blues. Any chance of the Freedom of Information act being put into play by say Chris Phillips ?

I'm starting to think Admin (If that is even possible with how RM has intertwined all his companies) may not be such a bad thing for us now. A step back to go forwards perhaps?...Or am I alone in that thought?

No, you're not though I don't know how many others on here would also agree with you.

No the issue is
1) The apathy amongst the fans
2) The nitpicking when anyone tries to do something positive
3) The egos within the fanbase who think their way is best
4) The catchment area of SUFC
5) The lack of decent local businesses with money to spend

Well obviously those as well but I'd just assumed we all knew that anyway so didn't need to mention them again!!:hilarious:

Had contact from a fellow civil servant that the tax bill has been paid.

No I can't divulge my source and no I haven't got proof.

Either take my word for it or not.

Great news. Well done Ron.

Who's next to dare to demand their money?...

No I would rather get on my high horse and rant about you ruining our clubs reputation. Pah, our club paying a tax bill, how dare you suggest such a thing!

From what I recall at our last AGM, Ron explained that he is paying the club's bills through land deals. If things go through by the planned date then happy smiles all around, but if they hit delays HMRC go running to Mummy because their pocket money is short and we get hit by an embargo ! As someone else has pointed out, it would be interesting to know just how much of the public purse that department has wasted on harassing Blues. Any chance of the Freedom of Information act being put into play by say Chris Phillips ?

So what happens if YOU or I don't pay our taxes on time ? This is not HMRC harassing the club, its a business and it is under a legal and morale obligation to meet its commitments. If it can not do that it is not a going concern. This is not a one off problem it's happened at least 5 times.

This is my gripe.

How many other clubs have had this amount of winding up petitions lodged against them in such a short space of time. Pompey perhaps?....anyone else?

The whole blase attitude about it all baffles me. We cannot continue in this way. It is sickening to see my club disgraced so many times in public. If it is not an unpaid tax bill, its the shocking PR. If it's not either of those its players/staff unpaid, staff forced to leave or transfer embargoes. And that's not even touching on the stadium saga. It's just a bloody shambles and it's getting no better.

This is not me nit picking or being overly critical for the sake of it. These are the facts. Where is the positive news?

I'm starting to think Admin (If that is even possible with how RM has intertwined all his companies) may not be such a bad thing for us now. A step back to go forwards perhaps?...Or am I alone in that thought?

How would we benefit?

We would still be owned by Ron, still not have any cash, plus it could put us in serious relegation territory and that really could kill the club.

So now we have to wait until June for the winding up order to be cleared? Or once it's processed we can sign players again.

So now we have to wait until June for the winding up order to be cleared? Or once it's processed we can sign players again.

It wont be removed until the court confirm the debt has been cleared.

I believe there are other "issues" to sort as well before we are Embargo free anyway.

So what happens if YOU or I don't pay our taxes on time ? This is not HMRC harassing the club, its a business and it is under a legal and morale obligation to meet its commitments. If it can not do that it is not a going concern. This is not a one off problem it's happened at least 5 times.

As usual HMRC using and abusing the courts as an unpaid debt collector. Any other organisation would have to employ an accounts receivable department. However there are so many lovers and defenders of the tax authorities on here I expect few to agree.

of course if we were a multinational with the right connection a cozy deal would be done over a nice dinner- but we are a broke football club trying to survive ( so of course we should be shown no mercy). The taxman will be delighted that the clubs supporters are so eager to see it from the very nice considerate taxman's point of view.

I will now disappear for a couple of days as now doubt outrage will follow

Maybe so, but let's run through a scenario: We're after a player, who has other clubs after him. No-one can sign him before the 30th June because he's under contract somewhere else. Another club says we'll sign you on the 1st July, and pay you x amount. We say, we'll sign you on the 1st July, and pay you x amount, if we're still in business. We also may not be able to pay you on time either. Where do you think the player will go?

Let's look at another scenario: A player that has been released and is out of contract so can be signed now, except we're not even in the running because we're under an embargo.

:

Your hypothetical out of contract player can't be registered by anyone before 1st July so being under an embargo shouldn't make any real difference.

If only the following could be answered truthfully:How much is owed to current staff,and how much behind in weeks or months.How much is owed and outstanding to staff that have left the club ? Total debts outstanding ? I fear that RM is fast running out of ammo.Time for us supporters to gather together and try to find solutions.From day one has been hand to mouth,and with a compliant ,weak board of directors the "Supreme Commander" has got away with murder !! Why people think just because we might get a new stadium,doesn't mean automatic success.We have as a club never been in such a precarious financial position.Funny how some people trust RM's every move.He pinched Roots Hall for nowhere near the going rate.The sooner we see the back of him, the better.

If only the following could be answered truthfully:How much is owed to current staff,and how much behind in weeks or months.How much is owed and outstanding to staff that have left the club ? Total debts outstanding ? I fear that RM is fast running out of ammo.Time for us supporters to gather together and try to find solutions.From day one has been hand to mouth,and with a compliant ,weak board of directors the "Supreme Commander" has got away with murder !! Why people think just because we might get a new stadium,doesn't mean automatic success.We have as a club never been in such a precarious financial position.Funny how some people trust RM's every move.He pinched Roots Hall for nowhere near the going rate.The sooner we see the back of him, the better.

Most clubs without a rich backer live this way!
The only solution is to find a backer willing to lose a shed load of money on a million to one shot of making a return on his investment.

Last edited:

How would having answers to those questions help anything?

We all know ****ed we are.

Surely making £300,000 from Wembley should have carried us over though? Thats the equivalent of about 10 home games.

Unfortunately that money was spent before it even reached us that probably barely reached the clubs accounts before being taken out again

Hate being to negative but with this coming out it will be just a matter of time before it's leaked on twitter that the players haven't been paid on time again no doubt. We will start missing out on players we want, our best players will be wanting out and we will start getting less and less fans wanting to go next season.

The worrying factor has to be every time we get one of these winding up petitions surely there are legal expenses aswel which I imagine the club have to cover.
How many more times will the High Court allow this to keep happening, I appreciate the HMRC are probably straight on the case as soon as a payment has not been made but something needs to give this is not fair for the people that matter who are connected to the club.

How many more chances will the high court give RM?

Back