• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bang on.

It's not just the threat of Admin or worse. Which with each High Court appearance will be growing in possibility...

At best its another summer of turmoil. Missing out on key targets, square pegs in round holes, no time to gel etc etc. It's just a ****ing joke and could result in another crap season.

And people will still blame the manager when things go tits up.

And people will still blame the manager when things go tits up.

Needs to be taken into consideration certainly, but also shouldnt be used as a nice get out of jail card either.

We had issues last year but we still should have done better since Christmas.

You wonder how we can keep going on like this. Time and time again there is these appearances in the High court. Sooner or later its going to all fall apart and we will end up in Administration. If we lose 10 points the next stop will likely be the Conference.

You wonder how we can keep going on like this. Time and time again there is these appearances in the High court. Sooner or later its going to all fall apart and we will end up in Administration. If we lose 10 points the next stop will likely be the Conference.

If we go into administration Ron Martin will probably be bankrupted. He's SUFC's biggest creditor so going into administration will inevitably lead to him having to cut a deal with the administrators, and only getting back a percentage of what he's owed. I believe he will fight tooth and nail to ensure this doesn't happen.

Rightly or wrongly RM has put all his eggs in one basket. He can't afford for it to fail.

Bang on.

It's not just the threat of Admin or worse. Which with each High Court appearance will be growing in possibility...

At best its another summer of turmoil. Missing out on key targets, square pegs in round holes, no time to gel etc etc. It's just a ****ing joke and could result in another crap season.

Actually it's more likely that the courts will get the hump with HMRC than us. Creditors aren't supposed to go running to winding-up court every time somebody is a day or two late paying their bill (which has been the case in the most recent cases).

How much of the court's time (and our money) is being wasted in these repeated actions that never actually end up being heard.

What's the odds on no action from the fans to show their disapproval of how the club is being run.

It's cowardly waiting quietly til the end.

I can see where you are coming from. I was watching a BBC Wales programme called "The fall and rise of Swansea City" They were sinking like a stone in Division 2 and millions in debt. The supporters formed a trust with a view to ousting the chairman who was a guy named Tony Petty. The Trust organised marches through the Town Centre with hundreds of fans with banners and speakers calling for action. The Trust managed to persuade a few local business people to put money in and save the club which was sold for a pound. They survived going into the Conference with a last day of the season win. The rest is history! Wouldn't it be great if something similar happened here?

I can see where you are coming from. I was watching a BBC Wales programme called "The fall and rise of Swansea City" They were sinking like a stone in Division 2 and millions in debt. The supporters formed a trust with a view to ousting the chairman who was a guy named Tony Petty. The Trust organised marches through the Town Centre with hundreds of fans with banners and speakers calling for action. The Trust managed to persuade a few local business people to put money in and save the club which was sold for a pound. They survived going into the Conference with a last day of the season win. The rest is history! Wouldn't it be great if something similar happened here?

The bit I've highlighted would be the issue.

The bit I've highlighted would be the issue.

No the issue is
1) The apathy amongst the fans
2) The nitpicking when anyone tries to do something positive
3) The egos within the fanbase who think their way is best
4) The catchment area of SUFC
5) The lack of decent local businesses with money to spend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22627408

They say that there is no such thing as bad publicity - well I would tend to disagree with that - 6th time in 4 years unf***ing believable.

The way this club is run is a complete and utter disgrace - no wonder that so many are becoming disillusioned about the club that they love.

This is my gripe.

How many other clubs have had this amount of winding up petitions lodged against them in such a short space of time. Pompey perhaps?....anyone else?

The whole blase attitude about it all baffles me. We cannot continue in this way. It is sickening to see my club disgraced so many times in public. If it is not an unpaid tax bill, its the shocking PR. If it's not either of those its players/staff unpaid, staff forced to leave or transfer embargoes. And that's not even touching on the stadium saga. It's just a bloody shambles and it's getting no better.

This is not me nit picking or being overly critical for the sake of it. These are the facts. Where is the positive news?

I'm starting to think Admin (If that is even possible with how RM has intertwined all his companies) may not be such a bad thing for us now. A step back to go forwards perhaps?...Or am I alone in that thought?

I'd agree with most of these, but why is the 'catchment area of SUFC' a problem/issue ?
No the issue is
1) The apathy amongst the fans
2) The nitpicking when anyone tries to do something positive
3) The egos within the fanbase who think their way is best
4) The catchment area of SUFC
5) The lack of decent local businesses with money to spend

I'd agree with most of these, but why is the 'catchment area of SUFC' a problem/issue ?

Well Swansea is one of only 2 cities in Wales. Southend is only 45 minutes away from London, home of half a dozen Premiership clubs. Even when we were playing in the Championship, our attendances were poor for a Championship club.

Well Swansea is one of only 2 cities in Wales. Southend is only 45 minutes away from London, home of half a dozen Premiership clubs. Even when we were playing in the Championship, our attendances were poor for a Championship club.

We averaged 10K if we had managed to stay there for a few seasons and get the new ground, who knows? Swansea were only get 4/5K not that long ago so were, Reading, Wigan etc.

Back