• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And now for a bit of truth!

Played well? when did he last create something rather than going sideways and backwards?

you clearly werent wacthing. 1 off the top of my head that i remember was the ball for bailey's chance. First time left footed ball over 3 defenders.

He is creative and hardly lost the ball. he doesnt try to play the killer pass if it isnt there, rather would keep the ball when we most needed to settle which we didn't tonight.

Wiggy, I really don't know what you get off on and I really cannot be bothered to read through pages of ****. Sitting here on the A14 with a few mates after a memorable day out that I wouldn't swap for the world

Use your fecking loaf in future.

I bet you would.....................

tonight what could he do?

Maybe save one of the five shots on target that they had?

Tonight showed many things about many of our players but more than anything it showed that we really, really need a half decent goalkeeper. Had we had Neil Sullivan I think we may have gone through over the two legs.

And I say that as someone who has defended Darryl alot over the past five years.

you clearly werent wacthing. 1 off the top of my head that i remember was the ball for bailey's chance. First time left footed ball over 3 defenders.

He is creative and hardly lost the ball. he doesnt try to play the killer pass if it isnt there, rather would keep the ball when we most needed to settle which we didn't tonight.

Don't remember that, was that the ball in from Francis for the Walker open goal?

Wiggy, I really don't know what you get off on and I really cannot be bothered to read through pages of ****. Sitting here on the A14 with a few mates after a memorable day out that I wouldn't swap for the world

Use your fecking loaf in future.

....and I practically never agree with * ORM *.

The worst thing about tonight isn't that we lost and won't go to Wembley, it's that we have to listen to the cr@p that wiggy will now spout for the next three months.

Tonight showed many things about many of our players but more than anything it showed that we really, really need a half decent goalkeeper. Had we had Neil Sullivan I think we may have gone through over the two legs.

And I say that as someone who has defended Darryl alot over the past five years.

Beefy , you are indeed a man of reason . But it would be unfair to blame Darryl for what happened tonight . I grant you that Donny had done their homework but most keepers would have struggled with the goals they scored tonight

The worst thing about tonight isn't that we lost and won't go to Wembley, it's that we have to listen to the cr@p that wiggy will now spout for the next three months.

Glad you was happy with the performance!

I know. To the extent that it may be a good time to take a sabbatical.

I've heard it all now!

Beefy , you are indeed a man of reason . But it would be unfair to blame Darryl for what happened tonight .

I'm not blaming Darryl at all. He did all that he can. But there is a light-year between Darryl Flahavan and a Neil Sullivan or a Mark Crossley. You just can't buy that sort of experience.

I'm not blaming Darryl at all. He did all that he can. But there is a light-year between Darryl Flahavan and a Neil Sullivan or a Mark Crossley. You just can't buy that sort of experience.

Depends whose in front of you!

So are you saying that Flavs is as good as two keepers who have around 400 Premier League starts between them?

Jesus, please someone ban it. we got to the play offs against the odds this season, and as soon as well lose (and yes, it was by a painful margin, and we were beaten by the better team) it's on here slagging off all and sundry other than it's precious daryl. tonight is a night for raising a glass to the loyal supporters, and recognising the effort that was made by all to get us to where we got, not for pointless attacks on the team. Players in tears at the end of the game shows how much tonight hurt, but if you take away the dreadful performances at the start of the season (with about 6 different first team players) and look at the second half of the season, we can hold our heads high.

So wiggy, for tonight, with your sad pathetic gloating, just feck off, because you have added nothing to this board on a night where most of us want to support each other on a sad, but proud night due to the fans

This is nothing about rose tinted glasses, we deserved to lose tonight, but if you cannot see the difference between the team that were so ****e on new years day, and the one that ran out towards the end of the season, then I wonder what you have been watching.

Im not sure what your getting at here, but out of the 5 goals Doncaster scored Flavs had no chance, even an International keeper would have let in all those goals.

Glad you was happy with the performance!

The point isn't about the performance. There's plenty of time for reflection on that. It's been a great season and finished with a brilliant run that gave us a chance to live another dream.

We didn't do it last night but we did show we had a fan base to be proud of and I'm glad I was there to see what failure meant to Peter Clarke at the end.

Your timing of threads after defeats isn't always tiresome but this one was unnecessary

Im not sure what your getting at here, but out of the 5 goals Doncaster scored Flavs had no chance, even an International keeper would have let in all those goals.

Sorry, I rate Flavs a lot but their second, third and fifth could have been stopped by another keeper. The second was shocking goalkeeping.

Flavs has been in top form in recent weeks and produced a couple of outstanding stops over the two legs. That doesn't mean that he's beyond reproach though.

Last edited:
Sorry, I rate Flavs a lot but their second, third and fifth could have been stopped by another keeper. The second was shocking goalkeeping.

Flavs has been in top form in recent weeks and produced a couple of outstanding stops over the two legs. That doesn't mean that he's beyond reproach though.

Only the second goal i felt Flavs should of done better

Sorry, I rate Flavs a lot but their second, third and fifth could have been stopped by another keeper.

2nd maybe. The third he stretched for but couldnt reach, blame the defence for the 2nd, how he got a shot away I will never know and the free kick, never it was a well taken shot that went top corner.

I think the other two could (not would) have stopped by someone six inches taller.

Anyway, I'm done for the night. Over 48 games, including tonight, I'm proud of this club and this set of players.

We'll be back next year, dammit.

Back