• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s move on, it’s not racist, saying get back in your cage to a team of players who just got into a scuffle with our team and supporters, clearly means they are a bunch of animals. Let’s talk about Daggers Saturday and how we owe them one.!
Is that the same Daggers who use racist terminology in their songs about us and nothing is ever said?

So confused now.....
Was watching a film where the whole of mankind was to be obliterated... Now it seems the nukes were targeted just at men....
Who knew!!

Last edited:
The statement clearly says there were several players walking past so this was not aimed at anyone in particular.

I can understand you wanting someone banned if they have gone on a racist rant to someone but that’s clearly not happened.

Stop being a snowflake and move on with life.

People are far too quick to call for “bans” for absolutely no reason.
Hence why I said "if he did make any kind of racist comment". If that makes me a snowflake or "woke" then so be it.

Our club's reputation is in the gutter already...let's not let it sink deeper.

Shouting out ‘Get back in your cage’ from a distance as a response to their assholes of players trying to fight and taunt the East Stand. I was stood close to the guy when he shouted, never for a second did it sound racist and how the hell can you call that anyways when it was clearly a reaction to their players BEHAVIOUR.
All this ‘ban him’ ‘this isn’t good for our club’ ‘doesn’t make good reading’
The facts is what matters
Support your team
Support your OWN supporters and club UNLESS their is EVIDENCE of racism.

Which there isn’t !
Nice to see some passion last night

Nope, they are called batters now, so as not to offend.
It’s not to “not offend” but so as to not discourage girls from taking up cricket, so they can see it as a sport they can play and are treated equally. I can’t imagine anyone (except the Taliban) is against encouraging girls/women to play.

But can we please try and stick to discussing Southend United.

It’s not to “not offend” but so as to not discourage girls from taking up cricket, so they can see it as a sport they can play and are treated equally. I can’t imagine anyone (except the Taliban) is against encouraging girls/women to play.

But can we please try and stick to discussing Southend United.

Playing devils avocado, I’d suggest that more exposure to women’s cricket (or women’s sport in general) is what’s likely to attract future generations… not a pronoun.

More and more womens sport is shown live on TV these days, which is a massive driving factor for kids, as this is where their sporting idols are usually formed.

It may never get the exposure that the mens game(s) get, but you can put the blame for that squarely on the fat cats in boardrooms

Playing devils avocado, I’d suggest that more exposure to women’s cricket (or women’s sport in general) is what’s likely to attract future generations… not a pronoun.

More and more womens sport is shown live on TV these days, which is a massive driving factor for kids, as this is where their sporting idols are usually formed.

It may never get the exposure that the mens game(s) get, but you can put the blame for that squarely on the fat cats in boardrooms
come on GBJ.... get a grip lol... You know you can't expose yourself to women cricketers!!!... Not even if they're trans ones.

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
Part time poster here but can I suggest this thread is closed. There are lots of judgements here from what I will presume are a majority white group of people about whether a comment is racist or not.

If a black player is offended by a comment and considers it to be racist then none of us have the right to question it. The classic white privilege comment that it wasn’t intended as a racist comment simply doesn’t wash anymore.

Shouting out ‘Get back in your cage’ from a distance as a response to their assholes of players trying to fight and taunt the East Stand. I was stood close to the guy when he shouted, never for a second did it sound racist and how the hell can you call that anyways when it was clearly a reaction to their players BEHAVIOUR.
All this ‘ban him’ ‘this isn’t good for our club’ ‘doesn’t make good reading’
The facts is what matters
Support your team
Support your OWN supporters and club UNLESS their is EVIDENCE of racism.

Which there isn’t !
Nice to see some passion last night
It seems as though it wasn’t said with racial hatred in mind.

What I’ve observed in general is people are very quick to condemn and stereotype people from Essex.
Not sure if that has any weight in this scenario but I do find it odd that people can be as vile as they please about white Essex people with absolutely no social or legal repercussions and if they do something wrong, people judge them more harshly than other groups. Although I do think that last issue is changing a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back