• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alison Moyet

I know others have passed on their Alderton-spottings, but I stood just behind him on the terrace at Orient in 2003 or 2004. The game with the Phil Whelan og and where Belgrave got sent off at the end, IIRC.

You must've stood next to me at that game. Alderton was in front of me too. I was there as a part of the "Alderton Massive", I take it you were a part of the "Alderton Krew" as I didn't recognise you.

These celebrities are happy to namedrop the name of their club when it makes them look one of the boys - i.e. when it suits them.

When it comes to sticking their hand in their pockets and stumping up a few million it's another matter.

Apart from Elton John.

These celebrities are happy to namedrop the name of their club when it makes them look one of the boys - i.e. when it suits them.

When it comes to sticking their hand in their pockets and stumping up a few million it's another matter.

Apart from Elton John.

To be fair I'm expecting Elton John to now sign up to SZ and make a statement fairly soon.
My understanding is that both Elton and Cricko were 'close' back in the 50's, when Cricko would take the much younger Elton to some of his favorite haunts, such as the Brown Sauce club.
If Cricko were to write a biography I'm sure it would include the story of how the Young Elton would accompany him back to his flat, where Cricko would try and help the young pop star in 'making it big'.
I Know since Elton got together with his partner David Furnish, that he and Cricko no longer talk, but surely for the sake of SUFC...they should let bygones be bygones, so Elton can stump up the money that Moyet clearly hasnt got.

I'd like to know why Helen Mirren hasn't auctioned her Oscar to raise money for Southend United?

At the Doncaster home play off last year Mirren was in front of me at the burger bar that sometimes opens down the side of the Railway. She's got a right mouth on her and was giving the bird who was serving grief about being stingy with the burger sauce. I stepped in to try and resolve the issue, but the bloke she was with, I think it was Jim Broadbent, mistook me for a Donnie fan and told me to 'f*** off before I smack you, you thick northern div' and punched me in the gut before the both of them cackled and bowled off towards the ground.

To be fair I'm expecting Elton John to now sign up to SZ and make a statement fairly soon.
My understanding is that both Elton and Cricko were 'close' back in the 50's, when Cricko would take the much younger Elton to some of his favorite haunts, such as the Brown Sauce club.
If Cricko were to write a biography I'm sure it would include the story of how the Young Elton would accompany him back to his flat, where Cricko would try and help the young pop star in 'making it big'.
I Know since Elton got together with his partner David Furnish, that he and Cricko no longer talk, but surely for the sake of SUFC...they should let bygones be bygones, so Elton can stump up the money that Moyet clearly hasnt got.

Tonight,Don't go breaking my heart,If the River can bend,I want love. Are you ready for love? it's something about the way you look tonight,Saturday nights alrite for fighting,but someone saved my life tonight,and sorry seems to be the hardest word,I don't want to go on with you like that, I guess that's why they call it the BLUES.

See what I did there.:)

I'm posting here on behalf of that one from Busted who supports Southend. You know, the one who lives in Westcliff. No, you're right, I didn't know who either.

He's told me to say, in direct response to Alison Moyet: "Swivel, B****, I'm the Real Southend Fan".

He wishes to challenge Alison to a "Blue Off" under the flood lights at the next home game, which will consist of a lightning round of Southend related questions of the 1990-2005 era.

In the event of a draw, a knife fight will ensue.

That is all.

Last edited:
Tonight,Don't go breaking my heart,If the River can bend,I want love. Are you ready for love? it's something about the way you look tonight,Saturday nights alrite for fighting,but someone saved my life tonight,and sorry seems to be the hardest word,I don't want to go on with you like that, I guess that's why they call it the BLUES.

See what I did there.:)

:cricko:
EJ was here in Barna the other week on his Little Red Piano tour.Twas quite a good concert I thought but my Missus wasn't too impressed by what she deemed the sexist videos,props etc(sigh)

Last edited:
Good tweet from Moyet yesterday:

"Seems some people feel let down by my weight loss and now would not deign to crack one out over me. What a mad impetuous fool I have been!"

On the topic of celebrity fans, and he has been mentioned in this thread already, anyone else hear Terry Alderton on Fighting Talk at the weekend? He managed to get a few mentions in for the Mighty Shrimpers.

With regards to Terry Alderton, believe he is persona non grata at Roots Hall now as he was due to host the last end of season dinner and let them (us) down at the last minute taking a larger fee to appear at Wycombe Wanderers dinner. Fortunately one of the directors knew Peter Lorenzo and got him in at the last moment (which very fortunate as I can't see how anyone finds Alderton funny - always embarassing every time I've seen him)

With regards to Terry Alderton, believe he is persona non grata at Roots Hall now as he was due to host the last end of season dinner and let them (us) down at the last minute taking a larger fee to appear at Wycombe Wanderers dinner. Fortunately one of the directors knew Peter Lorenzo and got him in at the last moment (which very fortunate as I can't see how anyone finds Alderton funny - always embarassing every time I've seen him)

I heard similar - see my edit above.

Let's have a go at another celebrity who dares to admit to support the Blues! I have no knowledge of exactly why he didn't do the EOS dinner, anymore probably than you can speculate, but MATT Lorenzo filled in very well ;)

However, what I can assure you is that Terry was more than willing to get himself involved with the "SOS" appeal, so let's just back off with the criticism shall we?

don't suppose that anyone who states that these big names who claim to support us has a reason why none of them has actually come forward and done something to help us? thought not. As for Alison Moyet, well sorry, but i just wish someone loved me as much as she loves herself. Negative again, sorry. UTB

don't suppose that anyone who states that these big names who claim to support us has a reason why none of them has actually come forward and done something to help us? thought not. As for Alison Moyet, well sorry, but i just wish someone loved me as much as she loves herself. Negative again, sorry. UTB

Are you saying no-one loves you ?

Back