• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alison Moyet

You are most welcome Alison, to this board and to Roots Hall. It was great to see a celebrity that wasn't on a high horse and would sit with and amongst us normal fans.
Great post by the way.
It's funny how some of the posters in this thread have said nasty things and clearly made up a few bits, never dreaming that you would come on here and put the record straight, lol.
You are and always will be one of us, I just hope you can get to a few games this season.

I'd like to know why Helen Mirren hasn't auctioned her Oscar to raise money for Southend United?

Last edited:
oh hai alison and oh hai guise... its me chris windle aka pav aka chris from big brother 4 auditons...

just want to say r u sisters with alayans morisetesdssefdsfs or watever her name is i always get u two mixed up...

also its so funny on NOW 34 that OMC - how biazzre is played then the next act to play is OMD hahaha epic win for the OM crew pap pap pap...
Sorry Cw i think Miss Moyet would need Dan Browns Robert Langdon to crack this code.

Alison please could you tell your mother that i am sorry that i was an *** in french classes,oh how i wish id paid attennion now that i live in france and please dont tell anyone that i had a crush on your mum back in the day.

I'd like to know why Helen Mirren hasn't auctioned her Oscar to raise money for Southend United?

because everytime she does a 'life' type interview, she says that she comes from London, and from what i've read is not proud of her Essex roots.

on a teachery note, Helen Mirrens sister taught at my old school.

I sat next to Alison Moyet when we were at Kenilworth Road for a cup game back in the early 90's and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for my plastic-meltingly acrid flatulence.
She was too classy to say anything, but I did get a couple of sideways glances, particularly when I was grasping the back of the seat in front to strain one out..

Kind Regards

look if Market Harboro thinks it's a wind up it must be 100% genuine.
PS who but a true fan goes to see Blues at an away FA Cup match in Torquay.
Good for you Alison in replying.
PPS it's just a daft mesageboard anyway.

SUFC and Celebrity

Is anyone else concerned by the growing trend of celebrity fans whose fame derives entirely from being a Southend United fan?

I'm thinking here of the likes of Alderton, Moyet and that one from busted, who are best known for being famous Southend United fans. I can't have been the only one to have first heard of them when people started compiling celebrity fans lists or pointed them out around Roots Hall.

Is anyone else concerned by the growing trend of celebrity fans whose fame derives entirely from being a Southend United fan?

I'm thinking here of the likes of Alderton, Moyet and that one from busted, who are best known for being famous Southend United fans. I can't have been the only one to have first heard of them when people started compiling celebrity fans lists or pointed them out around Roots Hall.

Funnily enough, I went to a gig at uni back in 1994, and Alderton was one of the comics. He made a whole routine about Southend, TOTs, Essex girls etc. But after the gig he did say he was a big fan of the Shrimpers. So I knew he was a fan before he became famous, if that makes sense.

Back