• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread AFC Fylde vs Southend United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will KM make changes at half time? I guess he wont he usually makes changes around 60/70 minutes which in this match will be to late it needs pace which Pepple and KF will bring

That was pretty awful and I'm talking about the first 45 mins. Sloppy play, giving the ball away too easily and incapable of holding the ball up when It goes forward, with little structure to our attacking play. I thought Fylde looked far more créative going forward with some nice football. However we looked to have contained all they could throw at us........until additional Time. I have to Say that I wasn't too surprised when they scored. Who have we got who Can change thé game?.........A-F? Pepple ???

I really wish Maher would see the light and get rid of this slow build up style game. It's not working. We're need to be proactive and move the ball quicker. We take so long to get forward that the opposition has time to camp and block off all the options.
Gubbins has been, unfortunately straight out of play

No energy in midfield, KAF is needed, Gubbins lost man for goal. I would take Gubbins off and bridge goes back to left hand side. Then push moncur up until bim comes on

Whilst it’s only one goal there’s no need to panic. We do need to address the imbalance though.

We absolutely need someone playing up alongside Bonne, he isn’t a lone striker who will hold the ball up.

We need pace running between the lines and behind their full backs too. Moncur has had plenty of space in the middle, but very little movement in front of him.

See how the second half starts and then I’d be tempted to go 3-4-3.

Ralph
Crowther
Taylor

Gus
Moncur
Morton
Bridge

Pebble
Bonne
KAF

I clearly state he's the best manager in the known universe (he has certainly been excellent under poop circumstances) different times now though.

Reminds me of Churchill. Perfect for when was upon the country and terrible in a time of peace.

As for the game. Bonne looks so unfit and disinterested. He is a poacher and will thrive in the 6 yard box. Not with his back to goal 30 yards out.

I don't know what KAF has to do to get a start

Bonne probably won’t last anywhere near 90 minutes, so bringing Pepple on at half time - we might get at least 10 minutes of two up front… needs to make changes, if he leaves it as it is until 70 minutes then he’s fully lost the plot!

Well...... what can I say? Not much happened during the 45 minutes just a lot of failure to pass the ball correctly over anything but short distances, by both sides. Then just one minute of additional time and we're behind. Deservedly, Fylde aren't very good but they are keen and have a couple of swift players. We offer very little, except chances for the opposition. Jeez.... Harry, come back.

I clearly state he's the best manager in the known universe (he has certainly been excellent under poop circumstances) different times now though.

Reminds me of Churchill. Perfect for when war was upon the country and terrible in a time of peace.

As for the game. Bonne looks so unfit and disinterested. He is a poacher and will thrive in the 6 yard box. Not with his back to goal 30 yards out.

I don't know what KAF has to do to get a start

...and Bridge is mucho complicit in that, although not the worst by a way.
And there was that sort of bicycle kick about 1/2 way through where he very acrobatically launched the ball 30 yds forward which basically made it 60 yds away from the nearest other player. I have literally no clue WTF he was trying to do.

we need two goals to win this, and I cant see us scoring one!

It's got a feel of a pre season friendly to it, with about the same attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back