• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News 2024/25 Season Tickets. All Now Ready For Collection.

As exciting as it is with the amount of season tickets being sold, especially new ones ( I don't think all are new as in new new, I think its a lot of people buying one that hasn't had one for a couple of years especially the reluctance of some given last years pre season troubles, so they are retuning ones) doesn't mean our average attendance will dramatically go up, as I'm sure plenty of the crowd that bought match day tickets regularly last season have got a season ticket this season. I would expect our average gate to go up though just not what one might expect given the current season ticket sales

Agreed.

We had roughly 3,200 Matchday ticket purchasers on average last season.

I’d expect that to drop to nearer 2,000-2,500 next season, with the uptake of new season card holders and price increases.

But as always it will be determined by what’s happening on the pitch. Which will be a welcome change.

Justin Rees should look no further than Bishops Stortford FC foods huts, poach them and take them to Root Hall … best lunch I ever had!
Did some digging and they are run by Host Catering who also have a restaurant in Bishops Stortford. They do the catering at Maidens Barn. My friend’s son got married there last week and said catering was amazing. Sadly I expect Southend might be beyond their patch.

Agreed.

We had roughly 3,200 Matchday ticket purchasers on average last season.

I’d expect that to drop to nearer 2,000-2,500 next season, with the uptake of new season card holders and price increases.

But as always it will be determined by what’s happening on the pitch. Which will be a welcome change.
Until we find some way of increasing the home fan capacity at Roots Hall we dont have a lot of scope to substantial increase our average attendance anyway. If some of last seasons match by match ticket buyers have committed to a ST then this only helps to stabilise last season average attendance for the forthcoming one. But we know we have an element of returning boycotting fans who will add to the numbers. An average home attendance that's not to shy of current capacity is certainly achievable in my opinion especially if we are performing on the pitch.

As exciting as it is with the amount of season tickets being sold, especially new ones ( I don't think all are new as in new new, I think its a lot of people buying one that hasn't had one for a couple of years especially the reluctance of some given last years pre season troubles, so they are retuning ones) doesn't mean our average attendance will dramatically go up, as I'm sure plenty of the crowd that bought match day tickets regularly last season have got a season ticket this season. I would expect our average gate to go up though just not what one might expect given the current season ticket sales
Plus quite a few people have made the plunge and got a season ticket even though they won’t attend all games - means plenty of freebies going to mates who might otherwise have bought a ticket on the day.

Plus quite a few people have made the plunge and got a season ticket even though they won’t attend all games - means plenty of freebies going to mates who might otherwise have bought a ticket on the day.
If the "traditional"3 gratis guest passes is attached to each season ticket that may add a few folks thru the doors but not money in the till. Is the 3 free passes part of this season's deal?

If the "traditional"3 gratis guest passes is attached to each season ticket that may add a few folks thru the doors but not money in the till. Is the 3 free passes part of this season's deal?

@Boreham Blue How does that work though? Especially when The Hall is going to be near capacity each game this season. You might have your Season Card seat in the East Stand and your 'guest' has to be squeezed into one of the only few remaining seats in the front row of the South Stand Lower. (Hyperbole applied to make the point).

Not the best 'shared' experience for you and your guest!

@Boreham Blue How does that work though? Especially when The Hall is going to be near capacity each game this season. You might have your Season Card seat in the East Stand and your 'guest' has to be squeezed into one of the only few remaining seats in the front row of the South Stand Lower. (Hyperbole applied to make the point).

I don’t make the rules

I hope X block is available for the 10th. Really wanted to get into W block as the atmosphere is going to be electric but that’s looking unlikely.
Try get either side it will be just as good, then again my mate who has a season card ain’t going first game so drop me a PM and I will sort you out

My step-son is a Leicester City Season Ticket holder and he tells me that his adult premier ticket is £425. However they want everyone to have their tickets on their phones (which is not good for us dinosaurs) reluctantly if you do want a card it will be an extra £25 this season but probably not available next year.

The reasoning behind this being that they don't want tickets passed on if your not going, you are unlikely to loan your phone to anybody, instead you can offer your ticket back to the club and if they can resell it you get a discount on next years season ticket.

Frightening news for us of the older generation.

It has been that way for many seasons for me as, imo, I have possibly the best seat in The Hall (@Cricko can tell you if I am right or wrong) and all around have been ST holders for years with any non renewed spots being taken on exchange day.
However I can't recall a game when I haven't been able to phone my mate and get him/her close as someone is missing that game.
It is what it is, in my opinion a generous ST bonus.

The term used was later in the year? So during the first half of this season?
Yes possible. A lot of exiles like to come over fro there last game. Would they want to be split up in the South Lower near corner flag or more central in the North?

Remember last year when in 3 games we totalled 100 away fans. Those sort of games they away fans could be put in the East Blue and the North opened for home fans. How about make this games official you can transfer your seaso from anywhere in the ground and bring a guest.

Under lights and with 30 away fans it should be fortress RH. A packed and loud North Bank would be fantastic sales advert. Who wouldn't want more of that.

The sales of season cards are quite phenomenal, and shows the love for the new regime, as does the sale of shirts. But a word of caution here, we may out sell other clubs, and we may outnumber them in our away support, but that alone will not get us promoted. It's entirely down to the hard work and ambition of the squad and the Amigos now, solidly supported by us obviously. Promotion will be hard won and not a right.

My step-son is a Leicester City Season Ticket holder and he tells me that his adult premier ticket is £425. However they want everyone to have their tickets on their phones (which is not good for us dinosaurs) reluctantly if you do want a card it will be an extra £25 this season but probably not available next year.

The reasoning behind this being that they don't want tickets passed on if your not going, you are unlikely to loan your phone to anybody, instead you can offer your ticket back to the club and if they can resell it you get a discount on next years season ticket.

Have a friend who is Liverpool season ticket holder - similarly there tickets are on an app on phone. You are able to have a friend's and family network though and transfer match tickets to others. Idea is to stop the touts but not genuine friend from using tickets. I think they also have a resell scheme.

Is it man u where if you miss 6(?) games you lose your season ticket the following season?

Have a friend who is Liverpool season ticket holder - similarly there tickets are on an app on phone. You are able to have a friend's and family network though and transfer match tickets to others. Idea is to stop the touts but not genuine friend from using tickets. I think they also have a resell scheme.

Is it man u where if you miss 6(?) games you lose your season ticket the following season?
That's correct. They have to attend 75% of the games to keep their ticket for the following season. They can donate it to a friend or the buyback scheme.

Apparently has helped to reduce the number of non-attendees.

Absolutely. Why people want to walk around with a bulky & expensive item in their pocket rather than a small & lightweight piece of plastic (or paper) is a mystery to me. [old man leaning on walking stick]

Back