• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News 2024/25 Season Tickets. All Now Ready For Collection.

Err , that was in 1992 , it was Vic
Was it? Are you sure? Those were my first years coming c1989 onwards. The North got me hooked especially during the Fat Baz era. Then I moved to London as soon as I left school and subsequent years’ attendance was patchy. So Ron didn’t basically anything at all of note during his 25 years…. Not even that massive **** up? And Vic should have known better!

i just hope that acoustics are front and centre when designs for new home stands are being discussed.

It’s so important, and as @Ramsdenblue says one of the earliest big **** ups from Ron was the move of home fans from the North Bank to the acoustically-challenged South Stand (at least in comparison to the North - there is no comparison).
Yes on acoustics.
Err , that was in 1992 , it was Vic
But Firestorm is right that was years before Ron. It was Vic who built the South Stand and moved the fans there. The only thing our Property Developer owner of 25 years built was debt.

Here's the closing position yesterday & will be interesting to see progress next week as paydays happen & the seaso cut-off gets closer. Taking West (Rest), East & South (Upper) we have 5,400 capacity there so still space to fill.

Take up in the East nearly 70% & now over 50% in both the main part of the West & South Upper.
View attachment 33057
View attachment 33058
So if we sell about another 1k season tickets including further renewals that will only leave a current usable capacity of about 1,300 seats. (Not including Family stand seats).
Hopefully they are looking at getting at least half of Block X open for another 400 seats.

So if we sell about another 1k season tickets including further renewals that will only leave a current usable capacity of about 1,300 seats. (Not including Family stand seats).
Hopefully they are looking at getting at least half of Block X open for another 400 seats.

Plans are to open up the North in some capacity for home fans. Might be an option for late takers or for those that can only come 3/4 times a season.

Yes on acoustics.

But Firestorm is right that was years before Ron. It was Vic who built the South Stand and moved the fans there. The only thing our Property Developer owner of 25 years built was debt.
Vic even told me over the summer what was going to happen. He told me he was going to be vilified for doing it, but he was being forced to by the police who wanted to be able to get the very large amount of away fans in and out without having them interact with the home fans. (We were in the 2nd tier at the time.)

I told him he was right, he was going to be vilified. 2 weeks later it was announced, and needless to say, him and I were right!

Forgive me guys, havent owned a season card in a few years. Are we to collect them from ticket office? and if so im assuming they will announce when theyre ready to collect? Thanks in advane!

the ball was rolling innocuously towards the diving keeper's glove until it hit a divot and bounced over it. Bryan Gunn was the keeper in both instances.
Off topic but still one of my favourite Roots Hall chants. Early in the season if I recall and our goals had been hard to come by. To Daydream Believer.

“Cheer up Bryan Gunn
Oh what have you done
To be Southend’s top scorer
With a total of
One (uh-huh-unnnnnnne)”

With around 900-1000 still to renew, (assuming most do) we are well on for 4,500 at the very least. Perhaps over 5,000 if we have a payday surge of further newbies.

Quite incredible.

Would be interesting to see how many season tickets have been sold by other clubs in the National League, we must be near the top
Oldham were around 3,300 I think.

Can’t imagine anyone else is over 3,000.

We should have the most season card holders in the division I would think, once all the renewals are done etc.

I’m sure no one else can come close to us. Possibly only York but highly doubtful. We could end up with 5000 season tickets. Average attendance 7-8k most weeks with a decent away following will be even better.

Now to improve the food and beverage offers and we could be making some good money every home game

Last edited:
I’m sure no one else can come close to us. Possibly only York but highly doubtful. We could end up with 5000 season tickets. Average attendance 7-8k most weeks with a scene away following will be even better.

Now to improve the food and beverage offers and we could be making some good money every home game
Justin Rees should look no further than Bishops Stortford FC foods huts, poach them and take them to Root Hall … best lunch I ever had!

I’m sure no one else can come close to us. Possibly only York but highly doubtful. We could end up with 5000 season tickets. Average attendance 7-8k most weeks with a scene away following will be even better.

As exciting as it is with the amount of season tickets being sold, especially new ones ( I don't think all are new as in new new, I think its a lot of people buying one that hasn't had one for a couple of years especially the reluctance of some given last years pre season troubles, so they are retuning ones) doesn't mean our average attendance will dramatically go up, as I'm sure plenty of the crowd that bought match day tickets regularly last season have got a season ticket this season. I would expect our average gate to go up though just not what one might expect given the current season ticket sales

I’m sure no one else can come close to us. Possibly only York but highly doubtful. We could end up with 5000 season tickets. Average attendance 7-8k most weeks with a decent away following will be even better.

I hear York have got 10,000 men

As exciting as it is with the amount of season tickets being sold, especially new ones ( I don't think all are new as in new new, I think its a lot of people buying one that hasn't had one for a couple of years especially the reluctance of some given last years pre season troubles, so they are retuning ones) doesn't mean our average attendance will dramatically go up, as I'm sure plenty of the crowd that bought match day tickets regularly last season have got a season ticket this season. I would expect our average gate to go up though just not what one might expect given the current season ticket sales

I know a few who was boycotting who have bought season tickets :-)

Back