• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News 2024/25 Season Tickets. All Now Ready For Collection.

Depends. Years ago I went behind the goal in the South lower. Was right behind Paul Byrne's screamer from 35/40 yards which I could see clipped the inside of the post as it went in, or the goal when the ball was rolling innocuously towards the diving keeper's glove until it hit a divot and bounced over it. Bryan Gunn was the keeper in both instances. However you have not a clue what's happening at the other end of the pitch I grant you.

I don’t think safe standing would work in the south lower at all, the view is restricted because of the overhang of the south upper, I think the sight lines would be even worse for safe standing. @Sherif H may be able to confirm - he’s the expert

I don’t think safe standing would work in the south lower at all, the view is restricted because of the overhang of the south upper, I think the sight lines would be even worse for safe standing. @Sherif H may be able to confirm - he’s the expert
Would it help if we rotated the pitch at half time , it's amazing that it was designed to not deliver its basic function!

Depends. Years ago I went behind the goal in the South lower. Was right behind Paul Byrne's screamer from 35/40 yards which I could see clipped the inside of the post as it went in, or the goal when the ball was rolling innocuously towards the diving keeper's glove until it hit a divot and bounced over it. Bryan Gunn was the keeper in both instances. However you have not a clue what's happening at the other end of the pitch I grant you.
Used to go in the old South bank, watching Mercer at pitch level was awesome.

Perhaps it could be made compulsory that on the back of Gt Yarmouth Shrimper's post on the club shop thread, anyone wearing a Martin Dawn sponsored shirt, or any other reminders of Ron should be made to go in the South Lower until they have new shirts etc.
Got it completely wrong, anybody who bought one of those monstrosities is, for my money, a really true fan.
I didn't get one btw!

TBV in the south lower would be a disaster, needs to be the north all day

NO NO NO NOOOOOO.

Any of you persons of a certain age will remember when we got ousted from the very noisy north bank to the new south stand, upper and lower.

It was 12th man suicide, the atmosphere in the ground was reduced by a good 75%.
We tried to make a noise, but the stand being very wide and very thin would not produce an atmosphere.

It was like one of those silent discos
We were making all the moves and actions, but you just could not hear us.

If you want Roots Hall to be a nice quiet place to relax on a Saturday, then Yes put TBV back down in the south lower,
BUT if you want Rootshall to Rock & Roar again then put them in the North Stand or at least to remain in the West.

Remember, This option has been tried and tested, and it was a major disaster.

It would need a sightline study. In theory it is possible, but the rearmost rows would all likely be restricted view.
It might also end up being under the necessary area per spectator which is recommended for safe-standing.

NO NO NO NOOOOOO.

Any of you persons of a certain age will remember when we got ousted from the very noisy north bank to the new south stand, upper and lower.

It was 12th man suicide, the atmosphere in the ground was reduced by a good 75%.
We tried to make a noise, but the stand being very wide and very thin would not produce an atmosphere.

It was like one of those silent discos
We were making all the moves and actions, but you just could not hear us.

If you want Roots Hall to be a nice quiet place to relax on a Saturday, then Yes put TBV back down in the south lower,
BUT if you want Rootshall to Rock & Roar again then put them in the North Stand or at least to remain in the West.

Remember, This option has been tried and tested, and it was a major disaster.

The best option would be to give us back the north but open the North West. No seats pre sold in the centre of the North and allow migration from the West.

This happens at other NL grounds whilst we are squeezed into corner with poor view. If we really want to win this league then make RH a better and more noisy place for home fans.

Will any of the season cards ordered last weekend be available for collection on Saturday's friendly with Gillingham , if not any ideas as to when collection should be available. TiA

Yeah would be a bit cosy in the South Lower if it was standing. I think it should stay as it is but like someone else said reduce the ticket price and let adults buy tickets in there. It’s an alright view when we’re shooting towards that end. I’ve sat right behind the goal with my son in the past and he loved it.

The best option would be to give us back the north but open the North West. No seats pre sold in the centre of the North and allow migration from the West.

This happens at other NL grounds whilst we are squeezed into corner with poor view. If we really want to win this league then make RH a better and more noisy place for home fans.
It's a Yes from me. And it's not can we do it, but a how DO we do it!

3,311 on our counter now - with the OS still showing over 1,000 season tickets from last year yet to renew.

Sadly, not all of those will renew (including the Shrimpers we lost over the last year like The Big Dady) but if most do then by my reckoning we'd have the highest ST sales for many a long year?

If it's c4,500 can anyone remember when we last had more than that?

Here's the closing position yesterday & will be interesting to see progress next week as paydays happen & the seaso cut-off gets closer. Taking West (Rest), East & South (Upper) we have 5,400 capacity there so still space to fill.

Take up in the East nearly 70% & now over 50% in both the main part of the West & South Upper.
1721979327637.png
1721979342269.png

Last edited:
i just hope that acoustics are front and centre when designs for new home stands are being discussed.

It’s so important, and as @Ramsdenblue says one of the earliest big **** ups from Ron was the move of home fans from the North Bank to the acoustically-challenged South Stand (at least in comparison to the North - there is no comparison).
Err , that was in 1992 , it was Vic

Back