• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News WUP Court Hearing - 4th October- Case Dismissed.

That's no excuse for making stuff up and presenting it as a "fact" though, is it?
hold up. Ron won't be in court. Fact. Justin Rees will make a statement. Fact. And IN MY OPINION. Justin Rees will pull out as some point exactly like kimura did. If you want me to chew your food and eat it for you next time I will. 🙄

Just to get some clarity and top line reply on this.

On the 4th October -

What is the worst that can happen? We get wound up and club no longer exists.
What is the best that can happen?
Sold prior to day. Or another adjournment.
What in all likelihood, at this point in time is going to happen?
Who knows?

Speaking to some lovely folk at the game tonight, we came to the conclusion administration is probably the only way the club gets sold.

Speaking to some lovely folk at the game tonight, we came to the conclusion administration is probably the only way the club gets sold.
We can’t go into administration whilst there is an active winding up petition against the club. @Lord Football is much better placed to explain this than I am. But whilst under a WUP we cannot enter administration.

Reactions: TJC
We can’t go into administration whilst there is an active winding up petition against the club. @Lord Football is much better placed to explain this than I am. But whilst under a WUP we cannot enter administration.
We did acknowledge this lol but then also acknowledged we don't really know much 🤣

That makes sense. Puts that possibility to bed then (allegedly. Don't won't to be accused of stating a fact 🤔)

I wasn't there - only going by what the person on Twitter said which was "adjourned" and they also used the words "High Court" - I wonder if the magistrate did the initial hearing and decided it was above their pay grade?
That was me.

I heard them muttering about High Court but apparently it's not going there. Just want to clarify it will not be in the High Court.

The only reason it wasn't heard today was the case before us dragged all the way to 5pm. Magistrates can decide whether to take hearings past 5pm or not, they decided not to today.

It will be going to Chelmsford Magistrates Court on the 3rd October.

Npower wanted it heard today, and they wanted a warrant to shut off the power. If they were successful today we could have been facing no power at RH and presumably no power at B&L either.

That was me.

I heard them muttering about High Court but apparently it's not going there. Just want to clarify it will not be in the High Court.

The only reason it wasn't heard today was the case before us dragged all the way to 5pm. Magistrates can decide whether to take hearings past 5pm or not, they decided not to today.

It will be going to Chelmsford Magistrates Court on the 3rd October.

Npower wanted it heard today, and they wanted a warrant to shut off the power. If they were successful today we could have been facing no power at RH and presumably no power at B&L either.
Thanks for the clarification- I wonder why the change of location?

So assuming we can't go into administration....we are dine as far as I can see. Unless rat changes his position....no chance I reckon...or someone overpays for a massive ****. As was the case the day Ron announced he 'wanted' to sell the club. I've come to terms with us being gone and anything other than that is a bonus.
Kills me.
Walking to the ground tonight, just sad.

So it seems we can go into administration IF and that's got to be a big the courts say we can.
So judge would then be the deciding factor
Wind up the club or allow administration.
Great

Buying the club as is, coupled with price Ron is asking for mean no sane businessman is going to touch it with a barge pole.
Or new owner then go into administration?

hold up. Ron won't be in court. Fact. Justin Rees will make a statement. Fact. And IN MY OPINION. Justin Rees will pull out as some point exactly like kimura did. If you want me to chew your food and eat it for you next time I will. 🙄
But as @basilrobbie pointed out that’s not what you said. Your original post (which I deleted as I was able to confirm from the horses mouth that it was incorrect) said:

“Justin Rees has definitely pulled out”

Nothing about “in your opinion”, or anything like that.

Emotions are really high at the moment so please choose your words more carefully.

If it really is a fact, then that’s fine but you presented an opinion or someone else’s tweet as a fact when you were in no position to do so.

So it seems we can go into administration IF and that's got to be a big the courts say we can.
So judge would then be the deciding factor
Wind up the club or allow administration.
Great
Yeah and sounds like two headed coin flip. Only way we win is if it lands on its edge!

Seen a few people on twitter mention a few different things that he has let slip on today. Most of which are very contradicting.

- club will be sold in the next two weeks
- JR is still front runner but another consortium is being formed in background (different group)
- no one has agreed a deal with RM since it’s been up for sale
- pushing for an adjournment on the 4th Oct

I despair. I don’t think there is any good outcome from where we are now.

Seen a few people on twitter mention a few different things that he has let slip on today. Most of which are very contradicting.

- JR is still front runner but another consortium is being formed in background (different group)

Think there was also a quote stating Ron as saying the club won't be sold within 2 weeks. Seems to be an answer to fit any narrative you want to believe at the moment.
Must admit, the comment suggesting JR is going to make a statement did make me immediately think he was pulling out given that's kinda what happened with kimura recently. Big gulp, so encouraging to see posts to the contrary.

I’ll take the first option please :Thumbs up:

Back