• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

To be honest I don’t really understand it all.
All I want to know is when is the spade going in the ground to start 😀
If people want to understand things better then a chap called Roy Warren is the best person to ask . He is a top strategic planner for Sport England and what he says matters a lot. I seem to remember he was unhappy about where the training building was being located .
So, perhaps the only thing that is happening here is a change of location but the building being pretty much the same as last time .

Couldn’t agree more … I’m not quite sure why people are so upbeat about this … we are fast getting a **star set up instead of the 5star you’ve all been fooled into believing we are getting
Troll alert

But seriously I wouldn't be too worried about serviced offices being used.

I work for a very large global company (180k employees globally). We employ about 200 people in our City of London office - which is a rented from a serviced office provider - been there over 8 years.

This place is I believe a serviced office premises whereby you can rent services on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. Probably used by businesses as an accommodation address.
Although the recent news re the development is a step forward the whole project reeks of cost cutting and limited finance being available. Temporary changing facilities, reduction in stadium capacity, three sided development etc. Its never easy to be over optimistic.
Of course there is cost cutting going on, there is massive world wide inflation so the money needs to be spent wisely.

Using a serviced office for a correspondence address is normal, particularly when a business doesn't need an actual office, looking at the work Powerhaus have done there isn't an awful lot there that requires someone to physically be sat in an office to do

Reactions: RHB
It’s the Consultants address (Powerhaus)?
This place is I believe a serviced office premises whereby you can rent services on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. Probably used by businesses as an accommodation address.
Although the recent news re the development is a step forward the whole project reeks of cost cutting and limited finance being available. Temporary changing facilities, reduction in stadium capacity, three sided development etc. Its never easy to be over optimistic.

Yes and who is it named after?

You can senses the desperation and panic in some posts on here. To them good news is bad.

If Rochford council want to drag their feet then so what if some portocabins are on site. The club can’t delay the whole project over a minor piece….. One that can be sorted along the way.

For those of you worried about funding…. 1300 units at just £200,000 a pop = £260,000,0000.

Yes we are going to have world financial crash but for those that spend their lives hating Ron the best way and as it happens the only way to get him out ……A new stadium.

You can senses the desperation and panic in some posts on here. To them good news is bad.

If Rochford council want to drag their feet then so what if some portocabins are on site. The club can’t delay the whole project over a minor piece….. One that can be sorted along the way.

For those of you worried about funding…. 1300 units at just £200,000 a pop = £260,000,0000.

Yes we are going to have world financial crash but for those that spend their lives hating Ron the best way and as it happens the only way to get him out ……A new stadium.
Regrettably we do need to prepare for all those who said it would never happen to migrate into the it’s all going to be cheap and nothing as promised camp. The alternative is to admit to even the slimmest chance that Ron will deliver….and that is strictly verboten.

It will happen. And it will be a great achievement. At the same time it will not excuse the prior ****-ups, some of which have been on a near biblical scale. This is life, it’s messy..

I'm still meant to be isolating but not going to be able to help myself and drive down for a Kodak moment.

I know but I still feel pretty c**p so just trying to be responsible for once. Only myself to blame

Maybe, but if you're not getting out the car (or even if you do and there's no-one else around) I don't really think there's a problem.

Maybe, but if you're not getting out the car (or even if you do and there's no-one else around) I don't really think there's a problem.
Apart from driving whilst feeling crap in temperatures around 28°C obviously.

Back